Sign in to follow this  
wagesoffear

Windows 7 shuts down during a2 scan

Hi,

I run my a2 scan at night. However, in the morning I find that the scan has not completed because Windows 7 has gone into sleep mode.

This also means my antivirus doesn't work??

In my power settings I have

Balanced Power Plan.

Put computer to sleep after 30 mins.

Wake timers - enabled.

So, as I see it, if a program is running, such as a2 then the computer shouldn't go into sleep mode, right? Only 30 mins after the prog has finished running, right?

If wake timers are enabled, then that surely means the antivirus should turn the system on to run at the scheduled time.

Hi wagesoffear,

1st there is no "a2" anymore - it is EAM - Emsisoft Anti-Malware ;)

Please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

Include the version of EAM you are using and whether it is stable or accepting betas

As far as I know EAM does not have any features that specifically would keep the system alive as some Software(s) can

So it is not the facts that "the computer shouldn't go into sleep mode",

At the same time, I never notices any problems with scheduled scan on win 7 x64 being not completed despite I do have power management that would set PC into the Sleep Mode (hibernation though is disabled)

A bit more info needed in order to investigate the issue

I hope that the developers will reply

...This also means my antivirus doesn't work??

No, it does not mean that at all

The Guard and other components are definitely in place & alive

the separate issue though is to review how you've set the modem/router and subsequently the connection in this respect

My regards

OK, here's the power plan:

Power options - balanced

Hard disk - turn off after 20 mins

Sleep - after 120 mins

Allow Hybrid Sleep - On

Hibernate - never

Allow wake timers - Enabled

Win 7 64bit

Windows Firewall

AVG free

Adaware

Spybot

EAM - 5.0.0.81

the separate issue though is to review how you've set the modem/router and subsequently the connection in this respect
How would this affect running of a single system based on its OS? Odd thing for you to say.

Hi wagesoffear, thanks for the reply

...How would this affect running of a single system based on its OS? Odd thing for you to say...

1) That was not an odd question (I think)

If you changed the power settings of your connection hardware during the sleep mode e.g. “allow to be turned off” - there could be some complications

- not all devices are handling that properly;

- the device may not wake up even when the Software is capable of keeping the connection alive during the Sleep Mode. An example would be uTorrent client.

And again, as far as I know and that was confirmed in the past by the developers neither EAM nor Mamutu are not managing the connection the described way

Therefore I was just suggesting to check all those settings as well since you asked

This also means my antivirus doesn't work??
as a whole

I do understand that you are concern about the scan rather than

the updates in such situation, but those updates may be scheduled as well (depending on the set interval)

I hope the developers will add to that

2) Please be more specific about additional security Software you've mentioned

It may not relate to this issue but it's always good to know whether other real-time residents are active except EAM's Guard

My regards