Zwergenmeister

EEC and notebooks outside the company

Hi,

there are many new EEC users here, did anyone a good solution to connect notebooks when they are outside the company to EEC.

1) there in not always a VPN between Client and EEC, to get information. Also get information when clients used normal internet without VPN.

2) I didn't won't the EEC in a DMZ zone, maybe only a port forwarding would possible.

3) Has anyone a cloud installation, but that is maybe a high risk to give all eec function to extern provider.... 

So i think need a solution that get the data from the clients than a EEC update data proxy domain host -> then a save connection to EEC.

(This idea come from another tool that we use for email signatures, clients that have no company connection get the files zipped from a host provider)

This would be a good solution to transfer policies and client information back to EEC.

Today i use only E-Mail notification on this Clients to get malware warning information  

Frank what do you think ?

THX

Zwergenmeister

@RobZ1605 The E-Mail function works fine, have configure it maybe i can help, what do you mean with time outs ? 

Look at Sreenshot have configured it over EEC but without SSL, here was a bug at the beginning with EEC with SSL this is fixed but i didn't change the configuration.  

EEC Console is also configured for E-Mai so i get E-mails for any Installation, Warning and Malware infection, so you know whats going on with the clients in and outside the company. 

E-Mail looks like this :

Emsisoft protection software alerted Emsisoft Enterprise Console XXXX to the following finding:

Detected object: Spyware

Type: Spyware

Detected by: Behavior Blocker

Performed action: Allowed

Machine: XXXX

User: XXXX

Timestamp: 04/05/2017 11:43:38

E-Mail.JPG
Download Image

Rob another thing i want you to tell EAM and EEC is a good product, the support is the best i have ever seen. I use EAM now for 1,5 Years and the were many question and feature that they have build in since the beginning of EEC...

Before EAM we was a Avast Business EP consumer, first was the product OK but avast do nothing new and the product didn't work anymore with w10, and there was a big problem with booting clients with Outlook and E-Mail protecting there hang more times in booting on Win7 the hole company has this problem, I wait 9 months and tell the support all i can do and report  but nothing changed no new version or patch. Waht do Avast let the payed companys by site and bring a new cloud version for Business.... I would never give the hole security configuration in a WEB cloud what do they think.... 

And EAM and ECC is cheaper have a good condition from a reseller when you come from a other software.

there are many new EEC users here, did anyone a good solution to connect notebooks when they are outside the company to EEC.

1) there in not always a VPN between Client and EEC, to get information. Also get information when clients used normal internet without VPN.

2) I didn't won't the EEC in a DMZ zone, maybe only a port forwarding would possible.

3) Has anyone a cloud installation, but that is maybe a high risk to give all eec function to extern provider.... 

Hi Zwergenmeister.

Port forwarding should do the trick.

However you will have to run a script ( Change_EAM_Settings.bat ) on the client pc to change the HOST:PORT setting in EAM.

When the laptop returns into the domain you can run that script again to revert changes.

I hope this helps

@RobZ1605

i'd like to assist you with your question: 

I can't even get the email segment to work for some reason.  Just repeated Time Outs.  This may be a deal breaker for us.  

Please let me know if this issue is still valid

Thanks