XIII

Windows 10 (1703) Creators Update compatibility?

I updated to Windows 10 (1703) Creators Update today.

Windows initially complained that "Virus & threat protection" was off, but later saw that I was using an "other antivirus provider".

For "Firewall & network protection" it still complains that it is off.

Is EIS not yet fully comaptible with this new version of Windows 10?

4 hours ago, XIII said:

Is EIS not yet fully comaptible with this new version of Windows 10?

It is, but the new "Creators Update" seems to have an issue with reading the firewall status of Emsisoft Internet Security.

6 hours ago, GT500 said:

It is, but the new "Creators Update" seems to have an issue with reading the firewall status of Emsisoft Internet Security.

So I have to wait for the next Microsoft patch Tuesday?

Or can Emsisoft fix / work around this?

We'll have to look in to it and see. It's entirely possible that Microsoft has simply broken something, and we'll have to wait for them to fix it.

FYI:
I just updated to Creators Update build 15063.138 (April 11 cumulative update), and the firewall status
is still incorrectly displayed as "OFF" in the Windows Defender Security Center.

The old school Security and Maintenance classic control panel applet correctly shows Emsisoft firewall as being enabled.

5 hours ago, Raynor said:

I just updated to Creators Update build 15063.138 (April 11 cumulative update), and the firewall status
is still incorrectly displayed as "OFF" in the Windows Defender Security Center.

Indeed. Same here.

13 hours ago, Raynor said:

The old school Security and Maintenance classic control panel applet correctly shows Emsisoft firewall as being enabled.

You mean like this?

Win_10_CU_Firewall_Status.png

Yeah, I think that was either an oversight on Microsoft's part, or they were trying to show the Windows Firewall status and simply weren't clear about what they meant.

I did a quick search in the Windows 10 Feedback Hub, and it looks like other people have been reporting this issue to Microsoft as well. I have a feeling that we'll have to wait for Microsoft to fix this issue, as it appears to be a bug in Windows 10.

Windows_10_Firewall_Status_Feedback.png