Jump to content

Windows 10 (1703) Creators Update compatibility?


XIII
 Share

Recommended Posts

I updated to Windows 10 (1703) Creators Update today.

Windows initially complained that "Virus & threat protection" was off, but later saw that I was using an "other antivirus provider".

For "Firewall & network protection" it still complains that it is off.

Is EIS not yet fully comaptible with this new version of Windows 10?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, XIII said:

Is EIS not yet fully comaptible with this new version of Windows 10?

It is, but the new "Creators Update" seems to have an issue with reading the firewall status of Emsisoft Internet Security.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GT500 said:

It is, but the new "Creators Update" seems to have an issue with reading the firewall status of Emsisoft Internet Security.

So I have to wait for the next Microsoft patch Tuesday?

Or can Emsisoft fix / work around this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI:
I just updated to Creators Update build 15063.138 (April 11 cumulative update), and the firewall status
is still incorrectly displayed as "OFF" in the Windows Defender Security Center.

The old school Security and Maintenance classic control panel applet correctly shows Emsisoft firewall as being enabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Raynor said:

I just updated to Creators Update build 15063.138 (April 11 cumulative update), and the firewall status
is still incorrectly displayed as "OFF" in the Windows Defender Security Center.

Indeed. Same here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Raynor said:

I just updated to Creators Update build 15063.138 (April 11 cumulative update), and the firewall status
is still incorrectly displayed as "OFF" in the Windows Defender Security Center.

The old school Security and Maintenance classic control panel applet correctly shows Emsisoft firewall as being enabled.

You mean like this?

Win_10_CU_Firewall_Status.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a quick search in the Windows 10 Feedback Hub, and it looks like other people have been reporting this issue to Microsoft as well. I have a feeling that we'll have to wait for Microsoft to fix this issue, as it appears to be a bug in Windows 10.

Windows_10_Firewall_Status_Feedback.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...