Mackattack

EEK, Download or Buy?

I have used this great tool in the past because it was suggested by a knowledgeable friend.  Now want to give it a go again two years later...but don't know what to choose as a download, the "Download Now" or the "Buy".  There is no distinction between them, I ask, for what reason is there no distinction?

https://www.emsisoft.com/en/business/eek/ 

4 hours ago, Mackattack said:

I was under the impression the Paid version (commercial as you say) was better by 20%, is this old news?  I guess I can test it on my own pc then before I purchase for work.

Originally updates were faster in the paid version. I'm thinking we changed that at some point in the past year, but I will have to get confirmation.

15 hours ago, GT500 said:

Originally updates were faster in the paid version. I'm thinking we changed that at some point in the past year, but I will have to get confirmation.

Confirmed. We did change that, and now the only major difference between free and paid is that premium license keys can add custom branding to EEK, and of course the difference in license terms (only non-commercial/home use for the free licensing).