Emsisoft remains frozen 1 hour ago!

GREGORY

It's normal for the scan to pause at around 80%, because the scanner stops to calculate how many files it needs to scan. The more files there are, the longer this takes.

Does it only happen with a Custom Scan, or does it also happen with the Quick Scan and/or the Malware Scan?

Actually, the size of the files doesn't influence that particular part of the scan. It's the number of files. If it's hundreds of thousands (or millions) of small files, then it will make the calculation take a long time.

If you open the hard drive in Windows Explorer/My Computer, then highlight all of the files/folders, and then right-click on them and go to Properties then wait for it to count all of the files on the drive, how many does it say are there?

That shouldn't be too many. Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb GT500:

We only use that registry key for toggling debug logging on and off, so it's not a big deal if it gets deleted.

Then probably this entry is it not. I noticed, when using CCleaner with all settings

EAM frozed when scanning DLLs. Sometimes 45%, sometimes 80% ... This happens only when the PC runs for many hours. Whether as a TV, or music box or as surfing machine. 

If I don't use CCleaner. 
If I use Windows (10) with all supposedly incorrect (CCleaner)registry-settings, the bug is not traceable, so far(!). As I said, this error occurs only after many hours (> 12h), many sig-updates.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:40 PM, onbox said:

I unistall MalwareBytes and now all is ok!

If you'd like to keep the Malwarebytes product you had installed, then you should be able to resolve the issue by adding an exclusion for Emsisoft Anti-Malware's folder in the settings of the Malwarebytes product. The Emsisoft Anti-Malware folder would be something like one of the following:

• C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware