Albertokev

EIS and adguard and heimdal pro

Hi i am using this both software alongside whith emsi i want to know if are incompatible, i know heimdal are a updater and antirasomware and they say are compatible whith every av. I know Adguard has antipishing. I know have a problema whith emsi fw i want to know if another members use it or if emsi staff say have to remove. I like Adguard because block popups and heimdal i use it for bank transactions

2 hours ago, Albertokev said:

Hi i am using this both software alongside whith emsi i want to know if are incompatible, i know heimdal are a updater and antirasomware and they say are compatible whith every av. I know Adguard has antipishing. I know have a problema whith emsi fw i want to know if another members use it or if emsi staff say have to remove. I like Adguard because block popups and heimdal i use it for bank transactions

Hello Albertokev :-)

I am using Adguard with EMIS and have not had any problems that I know about.

What problems are you having with the EMIS Firewall ?

From the description on their website, Heimdal PRO appears to filter network/Internet traffic, which would more than likely mean that it needs to use a WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) driver. We don't consider EIS to be compatible with other software that uses WFP drivers, and we recommend not using it alongside of other software that uses WFP drivers.

When it comes to ad blockers, we usually recommend uBlock Origin, which is available for Firefoxfor Google Chrome (also works in some Chromium based browsers such as Vivaldi), and for newer versions of Opera. uBlock Origin is recommended mostly because it's the most efficient ad blocker, although its default configuration is also fairly good (I only enable a couple of optional block lists to get rid of social networking widgets on sites and block annoying cookie notifications).

• Upvote 1

Hi that are the thing i want to know if Adguard uses WFP or Heimdal, as i can see you dont recomend heimdal, but what about Adguard GT500? and tell me did i have to uninstall heimdal and Adguard whith revo or controlpanel are enough? I never use ublock it are good? Adguard every time blocks bad  sites, and dont let browser open pop ups who say "click to ad extensión to close this window", scams or rasomware sites. I am considering delete that two softwares if are incompatible. Now i will uninstall heimdal, but what about Adguard?

If it's "Adguard for Windows", then it does have a WFP driver that it can use, however there should be an option in the settings to use the WFP driver and I would believe it is turned off by default.

If it's just the Adguard extension for your browser, then the extension doesn't come with any drivers.

SurfRight (which makes the HitmanPro series of products) is one of our partners, and has used our scanning engine in their HitmanPro scanner and has even resold our Emsisoft Anti-Malware for many years, so they usually work to make their products compatible with ours.

• Like 1