john0001

Why did you start using Cloudflare?

2 posts in this topic

My license need update, so I visited Emsisoft CC webpage and I encountered this:

One more step
Please complete the security check to access support.emsisoft.com

One more step
Please complete the security check to access cc.emsisoft.com

And I have to solve image captcha 10+ times! This is very annoying.
When I was using Kaspersky and Norton, I never had this problem because they don't use Cloudflare.

As far as I know, only EMSISOFT is using Cloudflare. Other security companies are not using this.
Why did you start using Cloudflare?

Here's what I think about Cloudflare, based on my experience.
My company adopted Cloudflare once. A week later we got tons of emails about "cloudflare
captha" issues. We also noticed negative access counts. So we removed CLoudflare and
install WAF to Apache instead.
Cloudflare is BAD. If you want many internet user, you shouldn't use this.

I also had a hard time register this account because of captcha. Thank you for wasting my 1 hour.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Fabian Wosar said in here:

"... All shop transactions etc. are not going through Cloudflare."

Which is a lie. CC.Emsisoft.com is a shopping website. It IS using Cloudflare.

https://cc.emsisoft.com is not a shopping website. You don't put in your credit card details or anything really in there at all. The shopping website is using https://shop.emsisoft.com, which has never used Cloudflare. Other than that, the problems with Tor users and Cloudflare are a known and well documented issue. Not a lot of our customers use Tor, so the benefits of using Cloudflare outweighs the drawbacks for us.