PeZzy

Windows 10 Creators Update and Adobe Flash Control Panel

OK, thank you for letting me know. One of our forum moderators let me know that they ran into the same issue, so we'll have to look in to why it is happening.

I am using EAM on Creators Update and, like you, cannot open Flash Player settings manager from Control Panel.

I have entered the same Flash related exclusions as you have above and even rebooted (just in case!) but still cannot open the Flash Settings manager.

I have the same Event Viewer error as is mentioned here

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2303130

Perhaps in my case it is not related to EAM.

I will keep looking.

I was going to test this over the weekend, and every time I installed the Creators Update in my test environment it ended with a black screen. It appears to be an issue with VMWare Tools in the version of VMWare Workstation that I have, and I will have to try again without VMWare Tools installed.

That being said, our QA team did test our products extensively with the Creators Update, and no issues with the new update were found. That being said, they don't normally install third-party software when testing our products with new updates to Windows.

Issue confirmed and debug information collected.

Currently only excluding FlashPlayerApp.exe from monitoring is necessary to prevent the crash. On 32-bit editions of Windows it will be in the following location:

• C:\Windows\System32\FlashPlayerApp.exe

On 64-bit editions of Windows it is in the following location:

• C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerApp.exe
  • Upvote 1

I did it a slightly different way (I always choose the hard way :lol:)

I turned off Emsi service and was then able to open the Flash Player settings manager in Control Panel, also provided debug logs

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/27249-flash-player-settings-in-control-panel-using-eam-on-creators-build/

At least now the devs will be able to fix this.