nuzzmark

removing an unwanted program

I don't know how to explain this, but I have Emsisoft Internet Security & Malware installed on my laptop. I'm running Windows 10. I keep getting a pop up window for ByteFence. I've tried to uninstall it, but it isn't listed in the Programs folder! I called ByteFence & the woman said if I uninstall (how do you do that when it's not there...but there?) it, I won't have any protection. I told her I have Emsisoft & showed it to her. She was sharing my screen. She then showed me folder for Emsisoft & compatibility. It didn't have Windows 10 as being compatible with Emsisoft. I am so confused now, I don't know what to do?? I just, maybe 2-3 weeks ago renewed my license for Emsisoft. Help!!!

All our software is Windows 10 Compatible.  Yes, Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender, Microsoft's anti-malware program.  However, it does not provide the level of protection most third party AVs do.

Though ByteFence is a legitimate AV company, their AV often gets bundled with other software and is installed along with the program you downloaded.