michaelws

USB kit versus Emergency Kit Pro

I just came across Emsisoft.  I was impressed with the high recommendations.  I purchased The Emsisoft Anti-Malware subscription for two years for four computers and the USB emergency Kit.  That Kit cost $19 or something like that.  I then stmbled upon the forum and saw a thread that said the Emergency Kit was free for personal use.  And then I saw there is a product called Emergency kit Pro?  So now I am confused and am wondering if I should ask for a refund of the USB stick?  I mean I just purchased less than fifteen minutes ago and have yet to download/install any of the software.

Can someone guide me to a link that will explain the differences with this Emergency Kit and the USB stick and the Pro version for $99. - ?  Thanks so much.

The Pro version of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit comes on an Emsisoft-branded USB Flash drive, and is licensed to be used on up to a certain number of computers each year (this is intended for computer technicians who use it on multiple computers). It also includes the ability to add custom branding (such as a company name) to the top of the Emsisoft Emergency Kit window. The product page can be found here. The price starts at $99 a year for up to 250 computers scanned per year.

The "Emsisoft Emergency USB Stick" also comes on an Emsisoft-branded USB Flash drive, however it does not include the premium licensing and is thus much cheaper. The USB Flash drive will hold up to 16GB, and the software that comes on it is fairly small, so you can use the USB Flash drive for storing any data that you want to just like a normal USB Flash drive that you would buy from the store.

Ok.  So the USB purchase was really unnecessary.  I don't need another USB drive...as I have a number of them already.  And the EEK is free otherwise.  Thank you for the reply.

Thank you GT500.  I would appreciate that.  If you cannot that is ok.  I am glad to have Emsisoft on my computers right now.  But being semi retired...every dollar saved is worth it.

Dear michaelws,

Thank you for contacting us.

I'll be glad to check if we still can stop the delivery of your USB stick and let you know.

Hi michaelws,

I can now tell you that we were able to definitely stop the delivery of your USB stick which you've purchased accidentally.

I've also informed our e-commerce partner Cleverbridge to issue partial refund for this item for you. You'll receive a further notification per email from Cleverbridge.

Please just let us know if we can help any further.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Thomas.  Very kind of you!  Great to have your product looking over the security of my computers.  Glad I ran across your company.  More folks should learn of your existence.  Thanks again!

Guest Tempus

This thread is a master example on what great service is.  So a big " reputation point " to Thomas Ott and GT500.