JeremyNicoll

Missing data in firewall rules list?

EIS 2017.3.2.7392   (and I see one STILL cannot c&p that value from the About box - why is that so hard to do?)

In the GUI, Protection -> Firewall lists firewall rules.  There used to be a column that showed whether a rule applies to a private, public or all networks.   There's still a column title "Address" which I think is that column, but there's no values listed under it.   That makes the list pretty hard to understand! 

On 4/26/2017 at 5:05 PM, JeremyNicoll said:

I see one STILL cannot c&p that value from the About box - why is that so hard to do?

It's not a form field.

On 4/26/2017 at 5:05 PM, JeremyNicoll said:

There used to be a column that showed whether a rule applies to a private, public or all networks.   There's still a column title "Address" which I think is that column, but there's no values listed under it.

I've asked about that, since I remember someone reporting the "Address" field being empty not too long ago.

> It's not a form field

It shouldn't be beyond the ability of your programmers, since that dialog pane had X and OK buttons and four other clickable links on it to add one called, say, 'paste details' that places the release number on the user's clipboard.

> I've asked about that, ...

Thanks!

22 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

It shouldn't be beyond the ability of your programmers, since that dialog pane had X and OK buttons and four other clickable links on it to add one called, say, 'paste details' that places the release number on the user's clipboard.

Adding UI elements shouldn't be difficult. I was just explaining why you couldn't copy the information displayed on the "about" dialog.

If you want to copy the version number, then open EIS, click on Support, and click on Send an email. A pre-formatted signature is automatically added to the form field (which you can copy all or part of) that lists the product name, the type of license, version number, whether it is beta or stable, the language, and what version of Windows you are using.

> Adding UI elements ...

Ah.

> If you want to copy the version number ...

If all that information is deemed useful (and I can see why it would be) when someone sends an email, it would sensible to have all of it placed on the clipboard when someone clicks the yet-to-be-added button in the About box!

19 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

If all that information is deemed useful (and I can see why it would be) when someone sends an email, it would sensible to have all of it placed on the clipboard when someone clicks the yet-to-be-added button in the About box!

I've passed on the suggestion.