jerrya

PClock (Update) ransomware infection

Hello,

I got infected by ransomware, which is identified as PClock (Updated) using ID ransomware.

I got notified by Windows Defender about a virus and immediately deleted the threat. Antivirus managed to delete the CryptoLocker executable from my computer. At that time I didn't pay much attention on what the threat was identified as (list of identified threads is in the attachments). After a few hours I got a windows system prompt for allowing a Microsoft Corporation console application to run. After clicking Yes desktop I realized that background was changed and my files were encrypted.

I need your help to try decrypt the files. Is it ok to backup the encrypted files to an external drive and wipe the Windows installation or should I keep the system as is?

Thank you and keep up the good work

original_and_encrypted_files.zip

Your files are locked !.txt

desktop_note.JPG
Download Image

found_threats_windows_defender.JPG
Download Image

• Upvote 1

I's infected with the same pclock -_-

i got confirmation from emsisoft's facebook page that it is okey to backup the files is an external drive and can decrypt the files when and if theres a decrypter available.

Hi all,

Unfortunately, PCLock ransomware is not decryptable. Your best bet is to wait for a solution that may happen at some point if you don't want to pay (I suggest not, if possible). You can also try file recovery programs like Easus Data Recovery Wizard and Recuva too, however, I do not know how effective it will be.

A good backup procedure is very important and well worth the investment. As a note, Emsisoft Anti-Malware would have prevented your system from being compromised and encrypted in the first place. If you're interested, why not do yourself and your files a favour and check our product out, and consider buying it.

Regards,

Sarah