Snappy

No decrypted files

My entire system is infected with Nemucod Encryption.  I have downloaded and used successfully, but had to reboot.  I do not have any non-encrypted files to match with an infected file.  Can I download the DE-cryptor without a good file to submit.

The usual approach is to try to find an un-encrypted file - in a backup, or on your phone, or something you emailed to a friend that could be sent back to you, or something you know you downloaded from somewhere else that you could try to get again (clearly it would need to be precisely the same file again).

Hi Snappy,

To add to what JeremyNicoll said; if files from Microsoft word were encrypted, download it again on a clean system and then use that to find the original to the encrypted file, and drag them onto the decryptor. The readme.txt that come with most programs are all the same through different versions of the programs, for example with Notepadd++, WinRAR, chrome. If you know you have a program like that, try to download the same version from the internet. 

Regards,

Sarah