keenlogic

Unable to disconnect EAM client from EEC

EEC: 2017.4.0.3002

Running on Windows Server 2012 R2

I am trying to uninstall the services on a client as the connection to the EEC is broken and I want to reinstall the connection. The documentation says to run the Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat file. This was previously on the EEC serer, but I can no longer find that file. Where did it go? It states that it should be in the Emsisoft Enterprise Console installation folder. I have used this script previously but cannot find it in this recent update to EEC.

Hi keenlogic,

You can find the batch file in /server/Scripts directory from EEC installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts).

• Upvote 1

I setup a trial server and install everything and working fine.

Now that i have prepared a new server and wanted to transfer the console to new location i , remove 1 of the client. After remove i ran this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts>disconnect_eam
_from_eec

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts>echo on

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts>cd /d C:\Progr
am Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts>reg query HKEY
_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\EmsiCommService  1>nul
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts>if 1 EQU 1 GOT
O SERVICE_NOT_EXIST

C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts>echo CommServi
ce was not found
CommService was not found
C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Enterprise Console\server\Scripts>

New console still unable to take over the control

HostJob[6] on 'Qxxxx.LOCAL\Qxxx1' failed due to error: HostJob[6] failed with the following message: HostJob[6]: Impossible to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware on computer 'Qxxx1' from another Console.