HAWKI

Does EMIS Scan Zipped Files on Download ??

I don't think so.  It doesn't (as far as I know) scan ANY files on download.  Scans are done when you open the files.

Edited later by JN: I was wrong.  See settings for File Guard.

53 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

I don't think so.  It doesn't (as far as I know) scan ANY files on download.  Scans are done when you open the files.

Does EMIS scan when unzipping a file ??

Hi Hawki

Don't feel bad.   WE  have all done it.   That's why I use redundancy,  Gives me a second chance to recover from my doing something like that

9 hours ago, HAWKI said:

Does EMIS Scan Zipped Files on Download ??

It will scan the file, but not its contents, so unless there is already a static signature for the archive in our database then it wouldn't be detected even if it had malicious content.

7 hours ago, HAWKI said:

Does EMIS scan when unzipping a file ??

They should be, but it can depend on how your archive manager works. If it extracts the files using an extension that we don't recognize as a file type we need to scan, and then simply renames it to whatever it was called in the archive, then we won't scan it.

The can disable the extension filter ("Only scan files with specific extensions") in the File Guard settings.