max2

Remove license from computer without uninstalling

max2    0

I have a 3 pack Emsisoft Anti-Malware software. Is there anyway to remove the third pc from it without having to uninstall it first? There is a legitimate reason for me to want to do this. If you want me to explain I will.

GT500    366

It's not possible to remove a computer from a license without activating that license on another computer.

iammike    4
On 20/05/2017 at 7:26 AM, GT500 said:

It's not possible to remove a computer from a license without activating that license on another computer.

Wouldn't this help ?

in the License Tab click Change License and then click "test for 30 days free". Wouldn't that deactivate the license on that particular PC ?

GT500    366
On 6/9/2017 at 5:35 AM, iammike said:

in the License Tab click Change License and then click "test for 30 days free". Wouldn't that deactivate the license on that particular PC ?

It would remove it from the computer it is currently activated on, however it would not remove the computer from the license information in the License Center. Removing a computer from the license information can only be done by activating the license key on another computer (essentially remapping the license to the new computer).

Of course, if that same license is still in use on the original computer, then it would get remapped back to that original computer when it checked for updates, and then remapped back to the new computer when it checked for updates. This causes a mapping conflict after it happens 5 times, and locks out the license key for 24 hours, however if Emsisoft Anti-Malware is no longer installed on the old computer (or if the free trial was activated to deactivate the license key as you suggested) then this remapping issue would not happen.

• Upvote 1