Sign in to follow this  
sg09

Doubt in the way of submitting FP

Hi all,

I have followed the method 1 for submitting FP as described here.

FP was created in Dev C++ packages, Samsung PC Studio installer and MBR Guard executable. I have submitted those threats about a week ago by the way I said already. But those FPs have not been resolved yet. So I am in doubt if I should follow try the other 2 methods to submit FP too.

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

With Regards

Sujay

Hi again, sg09

1st, thanks for creating a separate thread

As it was pointed in your initial request & here you've used #1 method

7 days is indeed very unusual for solving a problem by Emsisoft

unless it is indeed something malicious you having there

or

(I may just guess "that" was flagged as "Riskware" :rolleyes: )

If the latter - white-list it in case you are trusting the Software.

"Riskware" detection most likely will stay & not be "fixed"

Otherwise - yes, please use other methods & attach saved report with the detection when contacting the developers as suggested

My regards

Hi Lynx,

It is not riskware.

I was running the scan today from commandline but that scan did not complete because of crashing.

But it had already detected those stuffs. I am attaching that screenshot. Next time I will follow the other options and attach full log.

Thanks for the reply, sg09

The crash of Command Line Scanner (CLS) is a separate issue that has to be investigated

Anyway, there is no sufficient info at the moment from you regarding this particular matter, therefore - if the problem persists we can looked at it later.

As for

...Next time I will follow the other options and attach full log...
Yes, please do send that to the developers

I am sure that you know how to save CLS report/redirect the output.

Please ask if any questions or search this & our old forum. There are plenty discussions about CLS

I hope that you will send some info to the developers about C++ Dev Package that you are using

As I can see even just an examples (being compiled, I presume...) were flagged.

The similar was the case with AtoIt scripting and as far as I remember, have been fixed...

meaning that it could be just FPs .

Finally, as I can see you set /H (heuristics) parameter

The latter can produce much more FPs (than necessary :) )

The default setting regarding the heuristics in EAM were changed compare to previous versions meaning the default is – “No Heuristics”

Have you tried the same scan by CLS without passing the said parameter?

My regards

Hi Lynx,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what the problem with CLS is... In a deep scan with the said parameters, it crashes with or without the /s parameter. I submitted the crash report anyway. Should I start a new thread about that? :unsure:

About the present issue, I think next time I will perform scan from the GUI as so far that did not give any crashes.

About /h parameter, It only causes one additional FP. :)

C:\Program Files\Samsung\Samsung New PC Studio\NPSInternetConnector.exe detected: Heuristic.Dialer.RAS!A2

And the last point is that, how should I send log to developers. Through email as described in method 3 of submitting FP? btw, About those packages I can only say where I got those, I have no idea how they were compiled. :P

Hi Lynx,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know what the problem with CLS is... In a deep scan with the said parameters, it crashes with or without the /s parameter. I submitted the crash report anyway. Should I start a new thread about that? :unsure:

No I don't think so. Let's keep it here

& as a matter of fact - that is well done that you submitted the crash report.

...About the present issue, I think next time I will perform scan from the GUI as so far that did not give any crashes.
That's what I was saying - the CLS may (for not yet known reasons) misbehave. CLS is a very flexible & helpful Tool... but it is not a mainstream product. Don't be disappointed by the remark - Emsisoft developers would never leave issues unsolved... but the priorities do matter, if you know what I mean
...Finally, as I can see you set /H (heuristics) parameter

The latter can produce much more FPs (than necessary :) )

The default setting regarding the heuristics in EAM were changed compare to previous versions meaning the default is – “No Heuristics”

Have you tried the same scan by CLS without passing the said parameter?

About /h parameter, It only causes one additional FP. :)
I hope that was a confirmation ... but I cannot be 100% sure though reading your reply re: this particular issue :rolleyes:
...And the last point is that, how should I send log to developers. Through email as described in method 3 of submitting FP?...
Well ... I see. Thanks.

That probably should be added, but mainly I was thinking that was obvious - just attach saved report when sending e-mail

... About those packages I can only say where I got those, I have no idea how they were compiled. :P

The latter was not a question - I just said that those were compiled

... by the Tool, which you are using. You are the only one currently who knows what that Tool is ;)

Cheers!

Hi Lynx,

I understand the priority of EAM over ECS. :)

Well I am running a scan now and will submit log and info about packages in the email. Thanks for all your help. :)