JeremyNicoll

CLOSED 7538 Improved: Main program windows position ...

Using EIS on Win8.1 x64

That was: "Improved: Main program windows position when the program opens outside of the visible desktop".    If this is in response to my problem report:

then I'm afraid I find no difference in behaviour.  A main window that's mostly dragged off-screen, on which one 'accidentally' clicks on the 'Emsisoft' logo and consequently has the About pane open, still opens that pane off-screen where one cannot know that that has happened (on W8.1 anyway).  There's no clue in the thumbnail one gets on the taskbar, and one can't drag the main window back on to the screen.   If it's a fix for something else, then it would help to know what that is! 

Hi Jeremy,

That issue has not been fixed indeed. 

The issue that was fixed is that when you move the main window to screen 2, shutdown the pc and start with only 1 screen connect, the main program will open on the visible desktop on screen 1

Te issue you describe is 'quite' corner case however we might fix this.

> The issue that was fixed is that when you move the main window to screen 2, shutdown the pc and start with only 1 screen connect, the main program will open on the 

> visible desktop on screen 1

OK.  Though... IS that an issue?  It's what I'd expect to have happen,  Surely you wouldn't want the window to open on a non-connected second screen?   (Having said that I know most/all of the multi-screen control software has facilities for moving windows around automatically.)

> e issue you describe is 'quite' corner case however we might fix this.

Yes!  The bottom righthand corner of the screen.   (I know what you mean... the trouble is that if it happens it's hard for anyone to know what's happened; whether they can then get out of the problem depends on their level of knowledge and/or access to programmers' utilities.)

OK.  Though... IS that an issue?  It's what I'd expect to have happen,  Surely you wouldn't want the window to open on a non-connected second screen?  

Oh yes that was an issue, as the main program opened minimized and could not be opened. That has been fixed in beta 7538