Mr. Advantage

EIS Can't Connect to Service

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.

1. Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).

2. When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.

3. Press the Scan button.

4. When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).

5. Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.

6. The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

21 hours ago, m3a4424 said:

I have the same problem.

Windows 7 - x64

According to your logs you have Emsisoft Internet Security, Adguard, AppGuard, HitmanPro.Alert, Malwarebytes 3, WinPatrol, and Zemana AntiMalware. That's way too much, and I would expect the computer to have problems. The conflicts between all of that security software kept FRST from determining whether or not the Emsisoft Internet Security service was even running. I recommend removing at least 3 or 4 of those security softwares.

Also note that since Malwarebytes 3 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware use a WFP driver, we do not consider them to be compatible with Emsisoft Internet Security. 

17 hours ago, perkolander said:

Same problems - Windows 7 - 4 bit

You may have an old version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware installed (it's installed in an old folder that we don't use anymore). Please try the following, and let me know if that helps:

1. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Restart your computer twice.
  3. Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

Hi.

Thank You for you answer.

I don´t have Malwarebytes 3.
It was installed but disabled.
Do you recomend uninstall it?

All OK now.

I recovered to a previous image and disabled the "beta" update from EIS.
I'm using now only stable update.

13 hours ago, m3a4424 said:

I don´t have Malwarebytes 3.
It was installed but disabled.
Do you recomend uninstall it?

After a quick second look at the log I see the Malwarebytes service isn't running, and the only Malwarebytes driver that is running is their Chameleon driver (which is for bypassing malware that attempts to block Malwarebytes products from running). If it remains in this configuration, then it should be safe to keep it.

13 hours ago, m3a4424 said:

I recovered to a previous image and disabled the "beta" update from EIS.
I'm using now only stable update.

The issue only started after installing the beta?

8 hours ago, GT500 said:

The issue only started after installing the beta?

Yes.

Later i willl enable the beta again and see what happen.

If you do reinstall the beta, then please turn on debug logging first, that way if anything bad happens the logs should show us what it was. Here's how to turn on debug logging:

1. Open Emsisoft Internet Security from the icon on your desktop.
  2. In the 4 little gray boxes at the bottom, move your mouse into the one that says Support, and click anywhere in that gray box.
  3. At the bottom, turn on the option that says Enable advanced debug logging.
  4. Either click on Overview in the menu at the top, or close the Emsisoft Internet Security window.
  5. Install the beta, and wait for the can't connect to service error to happen again (restart your computer if necessary).
  6. Once you have reproduced the issue, hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys), and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  7. Type (or copy and paste) %AllUsersProfile%\Emsisoft\Logs into the field, and click OK.
  8. Click on one of the files in the folder that opens, and then while holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard press A to highlight all of them.
  9. Right-click on one of the highlighted files, go to Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder to create a new ZIP archive that contains the logs.
  10. Send me a Private Message with the ZIP archive you created attached.