Morduus

CLOSED Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.5.0.7538

Good day!

I would like to report a minor issue with this product's beta, the issue is that if a known malware is detected - the file is being moved to the quarantine without any notification, despite the function for detection notificiation being turned on. No game mode was enabled.

Hi Morduus,

Could you please clearly describe the procedure how to reproduce this 'minor' issue ? 
Is the malware catched by the Behavior Blocker or File Guard ?

Could you send me a screenshot of the following  screens:

• Settings / Privacy
  • Protection / File Guard

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback
i see. could you retest with Balanced mode ?

What is the value of the setting in Settings / Notifications : Realtime detections ?

Thanks

Hi Morduus,

I cannot reproduce the issue. Malware detection notifications just show fine.
(open a folder with malware or copy malware from a folder)

Could you enable debug logging in Overview screen / Support : select - enable for 1 day- in the dropdown

Reproduce the issue in Thorough mode , wait 30 seconds, disable debug logging and send me the log files in \ProgramData\Emsisoft\logs.

Please zip the logs and send per PM

Thanks a lot

Hm... strange.

After starting the PC this morning, i've tried to re-produce the issue and the notification was also working just fine,

In my humble opinion, I think it is somehow related to Windows 10 Creators Update, I had issues with nVidia drivers (with the version supposed to support the windows creators update), after a clean install and reboot it was solved. In this case a single restart did it too.

Case can be locked.

Thanks for your feedback,

Could you recall when the issue started ? Is there a relation with an update to a new version of Emsisoft Internet Security ?

It started after I switched to the beta release canal and update the software to the version stated in the name topic.

But again, everything seems to work now.

Interesting,

It would be very appreciated if you could switch back to stable, enable debuglogging as mentioned above, switch to beta and check if the issue re-appears.

If yes, please send me the debuglogs.

Thanks