buteman

CLOSED JS:Trojan,Cryxos.216 E from facebook

Hi. Had this problem opening advert photos on Facebook.JS:Trojan,Cryxos.216 E

Emsisoft jumped in and Quarantined it so thought that's it fixed so tried again and got the same problem again.

So thinking maybe an I/E problem I deleted I/E and replaced it with Chrome. But got the same problem.

Also had a big notice come up to phone such and such of a number from elsewhere which I deleted.

Now my problem is has it actually downloaded anything on to my computer that my security programs cannot find.

Slightly overloaded with security programs for this reason. Malwarebytes,Eset and Emsisoft. I have run them all in full scans and nothing is found except what has been quarantined.

I checked this out from F-Secure and it looks the same. https://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan_js_cryxos.shtml

I am almost sure that if I go back to facebook and open the advert pages I will get the same problem.

Is the problem liable to be a facebook problem or a problem on my computer.

This from emsisoft Quarantine.

ID   Object
0    C:\Users\bill\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\#!001\MicrosoftEdge\Cache\W04TDUSY\index[1].htm  JS:Trojan.Cryxos.261 (B)

Ok I believe this is a Facebook problem just had a friend go into the advert photos on Facebook and he has encountered the same problem.

You get the same problem showing on my click here that you get on Facebook.

It is a JavaScript that is being served from a compromised website.  So when you click on whatever that links to the compromised site it will attempt to load and run the JavaScript file serving up the scam notice.  It will show up in your browser cache on a full scan of the drive.