SmallTownTech

Commandline Scanner - How to Activate?

I recently received a message regarding an invalid license key from the commandline scanner. I have the respective license keys, but I don't know how to actually use them. According to https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/cmd/, there is a /k=[key] flag for this purpose, although this isn't listed when running the program with the /? flag. But using it doesn't seem to result in any changes. No message is printed out regarding whether or not it works, and the license center doesn't show an activation.

How do you actually activate the commandline scanner?

Which version of the Commandline Scanner are you using? The standalone version available from the link you posted, the version that comes bundled with Emsisoft Emergency Kit, or the version that comes bundled with Emsisoft Anti-Malware? If it's the standalone version, then you can run the following command to activate a license key (replace "AAA-BBB-CCC-123" with your license key):

a2cmd.exe /k=AAA-BBB-CCC-123

Note that if you have used the /s parameter, than you will have to continue using it as it registered a service and you now need to use the service every time you use a2cmd.exe:

a2cmd.exe /s /k=AAA-BBB-CCC-123

If it's the version that comes with Emsisoft Emergency Kit, then you need to either activate a license key in the Emergency Kit Scanner, or at least check for updates in the Emergency Kit scanner before you can use a2cmd.exe.

If it's the version that comes with Emsisoft Anti-Malware, then you will need to activate a license key in Emsisoft Anti-Malware before you can use a2cmd.exe.

Just the standalone version from that link, v. 12.2.0.7060.

I have run the first command, but it doesn't print out any status regarding the key, and it does not show up in license center (https://cc.emsisoft.com/en/licenses/), but it seems it should (for example, each row shows computer name and last update).

I don't know how to verify whether or not it is correctly activated.

Send me a Private Message with the license key, and I will check and see if it was activated.