HoggyDog

"A Major Problem - EIS Can't Connect to Service"

Yes you can delete them - delete the oldest ones.  Logs should be in:   C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft\Logs

Names like:  a2service_20170205003925(1116).log   are named according to the part of the product that created the log (eg "a2service")  then the yyyymmddhhmmss date and time they were first created, and the last bit in brackets is (I think) the process id.   Just don't try to delete the log(s) that are being written to at the moment.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, pat562 said:

Just want to report that everything is running good on the beta, no problems since installing that update.

Pat

That's great news Pat, just wanted to let you all know Emsisoft have the fix out as a 'Stable' release now so if you changed your Update feed to Beta releases you can now set this back to updating to only 'stable' releases to ensure the software does not continue to install any future Beta versions..

(Load Emsisoft --> Settings --> Updates --> Updates Feed = Stable)

All the best!

• Upvote 1

Yes, thank you for that, I saw that in the change blog and I'm now using the stable edition, did an update, rebooted and all seems good.

Pat

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2017 at 8:57 AM, stapp said:

Does the still problem happen if you disable Emsisoft self protection in settings?

Sorry for the delay in responding ... I did not try disabling self-protection, but it looks like Emsisoft has put out a patch as I'm now able to boot properly without debug logging enabled. (a few reboots so far, that is)

Kudos to Emsisoft support for being very responsive.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T-RHex said:

Kudos to Emsisoft support for being very responsive.

This is one reason why I stay with Emsisoft. I don't think there's another AV company in the world that is this responsive and doesn't respond to issues by pointing fingers in all other directions, inevitably ending with "reinstall Windows." So thanks, GT500 and devs.

• Upvote 1

Note to everyone: We have published a stable version with the fix, and you can all switch back to the Stable update feed now:
http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2017/06/08/emsisoft-anti-malware-emsisoft-internet-security-2017-5-1-hotfix-released/

16 hours ago, jjfoto said:

So I understand it continually/continuously logs as I am working with my pc and that's why it will eat up space in the process of it?

Correct.

16 hours ago, jjfoto said:

Can I delete the logs? Which directory?

Yes. Hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard (usually found between the Ctrl and Alt keys), and tap R to open the Run dialog. Then type (or copy and paste) %AllUsersProfile%\Emsisoft\Logs into the field and click OK. That should open the logs folder. As long as logging is turned off, you can delete them.

3 hours ago, Datastor said:

... Emsisoft have the fix out as a 'Stable' release now ...

Ah, I see everyone already saw the stable build.

1 hour ago, HoggyDog said:

So thanks, GT500 and devs.

You're welcome. ;)

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GT500 said:

Note to everyone: We have published a stable version with the fix, and you can all switch back to the Stable update feed now:
http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2017/06/08/emsisoft-anti-malware-emsisoft-internet-security-2017-5-1-hotfix-released/

reinstall stable version , reboot ,everything running good now .

thanks to emsisoft team .

15 hours ago, ymchen said:

reinstall stable version , reboot ,everything running good now .

thanks to emsisoft team .

Glad to hear it. ;)

Note: If anyone is experiencing a "missing or broken component" error on startup now, then we are working on a fix for that as well. A quick workaround is to check for updates, and if any of the Guards are turned off after that then you can manually turn them back on.

Hi,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version. I get the popup that somethings missing. If I start EIS mannualy after that it works, so I hope that gets fixed soon.

But with the reinstall I lost my license key and I cannot find it. How can I get it back? Update: i found my license key back

And after the manual start I tried to change some settings, but I can't change anything. I now can't even click the field 'put in a license code'... I found my license key back and this is not a problem for me anymore

We have a test fix available for the "missing or broken" component error. If anyone would like to try it, then please send me a private message and I will send instructions (or feel free to contact our support via e-mail at [email protected] and they can also send you the instructions).