hjlbx

CLOSED EIS 2017.5.0.7538 - Process Hacker 2 is Not added to Applications List

EIS 2017.5.0.7538

Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 OS Build 15063.332 64-bit

Process Hacker 2 (https://www.isthisfilesafe.com/?md5=B365AF317AE730A67C936F21432B9C71)

Since some vendors treat Process Hacker as potentially malicious, it is possible that the behavior below is intended - so I'm not sure if it is a bug

1.  Launch Process Hacker 2

2.  processhacker.exe shows in the Behavior Blocker list

3.  A rule for processhacker.exe is never created in the Applications Rules list

http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

15 minutes ago, hjlbx said:

EIS 2017.5.0.7538

Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 OS Build 15063.332 64-bit

Process Hacker 2 (https://www.isthisfilesafe.com/?md5=B365AF317AE730A67C936F21432B9C71)

Since some vendors treat Process Hacker as potentially malicious, it is possible that the behavior below is intended - so I'm not sure if it is a bug

1.  Launch Process Hacker 2

2.  processhacker.exe shows in the Behavior Blocker list

3.  A rule for processhacker.exe is never created in the Applications Rules list

http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

I'm on the same OS build as you and same product build and it created a rule for me when I ran it (literally just downloaded + ran it)

ph2.png.add4d72498954a96d89970bb543e8962.png
Download Image

14 minutes ago, m0unds said:

I'm on the same OS build as you and same product build and it created a rule for me when I ran it (literally just downloaded + ran it)

It does not matter if it is working on your system.  I can reliably reproduce the issue as I reported it on my specific systems.

If you can reliably reproduce this hjlbx I'm sure the devs would appreciate some debug logs :)

46 minutes ago, m0unds said:

alrighty then. figured another datapoint would be helpful. good luck, i guess.

Sorry... it didn't come out right.  I got something going on elsewhere that has made me irritable.  Still, it's no excuse and I apologize.

I relooked at it and you addressed my uncertainty regarding what was expected behavior.

20 minutes ago, stapp said:

If you can reliably reproduce this hjlbx I'm sure the devs would appreciate some debug logs :)

Stapp,

Where are we on debug logging - still using the old debug.bat files ?

hjlbx if you open main GUI and click on Support under the Quarantine blue block, there is a drop down menu at the bottom of the page where you can select debug logging for one day.

Reboot and reproduce, logs in ProgramData..Emsisoft... logs.

Hope that helps

4 minutes ago, stapp said:

hjlbx if you open main GUI and click on Support under the Quarantine blue block, there is a drop down menu at the bottom of the page where you can select debug logging for one day.

Reboot and reproduce, logs in ProgramData..Emsisoft... logs.

Hope that helps

Thanks I found it.

I still have the .bats from version 9 days.

Logs requested

Timestamped logs from 1:50 and 1:59 AM = launched Process Hacker 2 repeatedly

Active processhacker.exe was in the Behavior Blocker active process list, but once again a rule is not created for processhacker.exe in the Applications Rules list

a2guard_20170606015103(8220).zip

Never mind.  When Process Hacker 2 finally does a check for updates a rule is created in the Application Rules list.  I mistakenly thought that it checked for updates every time it was launched.

Not a bug.