hjlbx

CLOSED Feature Request - EAM & EIS - Link to Behavior Blocker List in Tray Icon Context Menu

In practice, I find that I usually go to the Behavior Blocker list first to verify what is running, it's reputation, etc and then, if need be, go to the Application Rules list

I find that I spend more time looking at the Behavior Blocker list than I do at the Application Rules - since the EAN pretty much takes care of the rules in 99.9 % of the cases

The current logic is that a user must open the GUI first and then navigate to Protection > Behavior Blocker

It would be more convenient to be able to open the Behavior Blocker list directly from the tray icon context menu - instead of always having to open the GUI and navigate to it

It would be a practical feature to add

EAM or EIS tray icon > right-click > Behavior Blocker (list)

I am not suggesting that the Application Rules link should be removed from the tray icon context menu; I am requesting only that a link to the Behavior Blocker list be added to it

You can right-click the EIS tray icon and select Application Rules, then click the BB tab - but here I find no difference in speed doing that vv opening the full GUI then choosing Protection and then BB.

Adding BB to the systray icon context menu would only save you one click.   On the other hand it's not clear why Application Rules & Host Rules (ie Surf Protection, I suppose) get contetx menu links, but BB, File Guard and Firewall do not.  I think if I were Emsisoft I'd probably remove the two current rules options and just have a link to Protection settings as ocne you get there you can pick the tab you need.

10 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

You can right-click the EIS tray icon and select Application Rules, then click the BB tab - but here I find no difference in speed doing that vv opening the full GUI then choosing Protection and then BB.

Adding BB to the systray icon context menu would only save you one click.   On the other hand it's not clear why Application Rules & Host Rules (ie Surf Protection, I suppose) get contetx menu links, but BB, File Guard and Firewall do not.  I think if I were Emsisoft I'd probably remove the two current rules options and just have a link to Protection settings as ocne you get there you can pick the tab you need.

I gotcha.

I find that I rarely go to the Applications Rules list since I can just double-click on a process in the Behavior Blocker list and check its rule.

EAN pretty much takes care of the actual rules.  I find the infos in the BB list more immediately and practically useful - at least to me.

Plus, I am one of those users that much prefers the tray icon context menu - out of habit more than anything else.

I find the infos in the BB list more immediately and practically useful

for 80+% of our users it isn't ;)