xeon

Component is missing please reinstall EIS,

.7567 and previous version is not working with MBAE MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit any more. Windows 7 64.  

Was working fine before the last two updates. I am guessing conflicting with Hitman Pro Alert, EXERadarPro or Appguard

Says a component is missing please reinstall EIS,

Restored to .7538. Will have to live with the EIS brown/grey icon saying "out of date"

Tried this  

Cannot get any connection to download when cmd window opens.

I can restore to .7567 OK, but after re-booting problem appears. This is on two computers.

Re-booted 3 time on both computers still got the message.

Their is no firewall protection at all when this happens NOT GOOD.

They always put out these so-call hot-fixes at the end of a work-week then if you get screwed have to wait till next-week.

@xeon I should have already sent you instructions on using installing our test fix for this (if you would like to try it).

@Acadia (or anyone else as well) please feel free to send me Private Message if you would also like to try the test fix, and I can send you instructions as well. ;)

• Upvote 1

I have seemed to woked it out. Their was conflict with Adguard, after uninstalling no problem.

Adguard use to run fine with EIS.

My other computer seems (I haven't work on it yet) Hitman Pro Alert would be the logical problem, I have seen posts about HMPA and EIS having the same trouble, but using the stable version HMPA.

I'm having this problem as well. I got the problem yesterday and uninstalled EIS and reinstalled it. I got the same error today. Any way to fix this issue?

20 hours ago, xeon said:

Their was conflict with Adguard, after uninstalling no problem.

A couple of years ago I had issues with Adguard regardless of whether or not EIS was installed, so it may not actually be a compatibility issue.

1 hour ago, Lynk said:

I'm having this problem as well. I got the problem yesterday and uninstalled EIS and reinstalled it. I got the same error today. Any way to fix this issue?

We have a test fix available. If you want to try it, then send me a Private Message. ;)

This morning I got the message again nothing but Appguard installed, rebooted was ok. This EIS version is causing the problems.

Will try "fix" after work tonight.

Running good now. Restored image to when problem first happened (Adguard, ExeRadarpro, Appguard) did the fix, EIS works like it should.

Works good on other computer with HMPA.

Is it good to leave on (skin.ini) or wait till an update? Updates are off for now.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, xeon said:

Is it good to leave on (skin.ini) or wait till an update? Updates are off for now.

Yes, it's best to leave the skin.ini in place until we have a beta ready (especially if you want to make sure there are no new problems introduced by the fix before it goes to beta).

5 hours ago, xeon said:

Running good now. Restored image to when problem first happened (Adguard, ExeRadarpro, Appguard) did the fix, EIS works like it should.

Works good on other computer with HMPA

Would you be willing to send us some debug logs while the test fix is installed and working (our QA team wants to verify that all is well)?

Just turn on debug logging, reboot your computer, wait until after startup is finished and turn debug logging back off, then ZIP and send us the logs (you can post them here, PM them to me, or e-mail them to [email protected] if you'd prefer).

There seems to be a little bit of an internet connection problem, might not be EIS.

This last release you focused maybe on W10 too much?

5 hours ago, xeon said:

This last release you focused maybe on W10 too much?

Our QA team us supposed to test on every supported version of Windows, and report any issues before we release new builds. It's possible that these issues here lately were just ones that couldn't be reproduced in our testing environment.

just to let you know that i followed GT500 fix link to the letter and can safely say i never had no more component missing error window come up, and all started as normal , so thank you for this GT500

I too am having the problem with EIS not loading and getting the message component is missing uninstall/reinstall (tried/failed) or contact ITpeople. I also use Malwarebytes. After the computer boots/loads and runs I have been clicking on the reinstall notice window to close it and right clicking on the EIS icon and clicking "Open" and everything works. I hope this new bug is fixed soon. It happens on all 4 of my computers and is getting irritating. All my computers are running Win 7 32 or 64bit. Another thing noticed is that this problem happens with a cold boot, not a restart of computer.

Edited by FNP-45
Forgot to add computer info

1 hour ago, xeon said:

I would like to install beta 6/16, cannot change update settings.

That happens when using a custom skin.ini file to specify an update feed. I sent instructions (and a new skin.ini) to get you back on normal update feeds, and you should be able to switch to the beta after that. ;)

For everyone who has not already tried our test fix, we have made the fix available in a beta, which you can install by doing the following:

1. Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  2. Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  5. Click on the Update now button on the right side.

For those who did contact me and try the test fix using the skin.ini file I sent, then you should have a Private Message from me detailing how to get back on normal update feeds so that you can switch to the beta. If I missed anyone, then please be sure to let me know.

4 hours ago, GT500 said:

Hi,

i am having this issue too with EIS but i find the cause as the error appear while i was modifying the computer settings...

I am using Win10 x32... and the error appear while doing some advanced modification to winsock... (2 modifications type)

The error appear while i disable "NTDS" or "PNRP" winsock providers service (could be done over registry or command or tools)
The easy way to access the winsock providers list is http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winsock_service_providers.html or autoruns from ms systeminternals

The error also appear when i change the network providers located in (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider) key "order\providerorder"
it seems that "EIS" need the LanmanWorkstation network provider

Conclusion :
Those services/providers should not be needed by EIS thus this seems to be a bug...
Uninstall/Reinstall does not solve the problem...

Note :
i am installing the beta version right now to check if the bug is solved...
Also, the bug seems to be kind a random...

Thanks and hope my message help ;)

update to beta and reboot, the problem seems to be solved, thanks for your efficiency ! your product is just amazing and one of its kind !!!!
what i really do love about it is it's very low resources usage, i really really do hope this will remain on future releases... (i remember using zone alarm before it became resources monster, then avira it was an amazing product too before it became a real mess with resources occupation, i hope this will not happen to emsisoft) good work dev !!!! i am really proud of what you provide.

Got the "missing component" issue as well. Attempted to reinstall 3 times but issue still persist on reboot. When installing I noticed "Firewall" is missing in Emsisoft, I guess that was the missing component.

Currently don't have Emsisoft installed cause I was waiting for this to be fixed. Should I installed the beta? What is everyone's suggestion? Is it stable enough? I don't mind waiting a while.

28 minutes ago, Azure Phoenix said:

Got the "missing component" issue as well. Attempted to reinstall 3 times but issue still persist on reboot. When installing I noticed "Firewall" is missing in Emsisoft, I guess that was the missing component.

Currently don't have Emsisoft installed cause I was waiting for this to be fixed. Should I installed the beta? What is everyone's suggestion? Is it stable enough? I don't mind waiting a while.

So far so good with EIS 2017.5.2.7600 Beta here.

17 hours ago, GT500 said:

That happens when using a custom skin.ini file to specify an update feed. I sent instructions (and a new skin.ini) to get you back on normal update feeds, and you should be able to switch to the beta after that. ;)

For everyone who has not already tried our test fix, we have made the fix available in a beta, which you can install by doing the following:

1. Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  2. Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  5. Click on the Update now button on the right side.

For those who did contact me and try the test fix using the skin.ini file I sent, then you should have a Private Message from me detailing how to get back on normal update feeds so that you can switch to the beta. If I missed anyone, then please be sure to let me know.

Thank you, restored to a image couple of weeks ago, installed beta and all is good. Don't want to take chances

Thank you!

On 6/16/2017 at 7:25 PM, GT500 said:

Arthur, since you are in the process of fixing EIS, here is a minor fix that you should look at: when one does a Custom Scan, usually one gets a Quick Scan instead. Then, on the 2nd try, the Custom Scan is done.

On 6/16/2017 at 11:36 PM, intika said:

The error appear while i disable "NTDS" or "PNRP" winsock providers service (could be done over registry or command or tools)
The error also appear when i change the network providers located in (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider) key "order\providerorder"

We highly recommend not disabling default Windows service, network providers, WinSock providers, etc. Disabling third-party components is OK if you are aware of what they do and the consequences of disabling them, however disabling any default components can cause unexpected results as most software will assume that they are there and will make no attempt to check for their presence.

We hope to be able to release a stable update with the fix soon. Feel free to keep an eye on the following link to see when we do that:
http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/

If you would like to be automatically notified when new versions of our software are released, then we have an RSS feed at the following link:
http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/feed/

It doesn't seem to matter how any people ask for that, Emsisoft don't seem to want to do it.  You CAN see it if you click on "Emsisoft" at the top left of the Overview window, but they STILL haven't made the info you then get to see able to be copied/pasted elsewhere,   Grrrr!

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:31 AM, FNP-45 said:

... please put the Version number in/on the Overview Window.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acadia

On 6/24/2017 at 6:31 AM, FNP-45 said:

... please put the Version number in/on the Overview Window.

Try the following:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security.
  2. In the gray box that says License, hold your mouse over where it says Renew for free!.
  3. A little X will appear to the right of where it says Renew for free!.
  4. Click on the little X, and the version number will be shown instead.

> Try the following...

But you still can't c&p the value shown there (and there's two values not one, in the tooltip).   Also having done this, I can't get the "Renew for free!" text to return.  Shutting the overview display and re-opening it, and clicking here & there do not affect it.

You will not get the 'Renew for Free' text back.

This method is to enable you to have the build number permanently showing on the GUI.

11 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

But you still can't c&p the value shown there (and there's two values not one, in the tooltip).

True. I can't be certain if or when that behavior would change, however the suggestions has been passed to our management in the past for them to consider.

11 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Also having done this, I can't get the "Renew for free!" text to return.

Correct. The link is still accessible from the bottom of the license details screen, so it isn't gone completely.