Karel Szkandera

Results from Decrypter for Xorist are not valid?

Hi, 

our server was attacked by ransomware. 

Website https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/identify.php? says, it should be Xorist. I tried your Emsisoft Decrypter for Xorist, but i think, the results is not correct.

It generated "decryption.key", but after decrypting of selected files, these files couldn't be open. In attachments is sample. Could you give me any advice?

attachments:

sample.zip

• not attacked file "DocExcel - not attacked.png"
  • attacked file
  • result file from decrypter "DocExcel.png" - it could be open
  • notes from ransomware  (HOW TO DECRYPT FILES)
  • decryption_key

system Logs:

• Emsisoft Emergency Kit log 
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Thank you, Karel

sample.zip

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

scan_170613-170721.txt

You got attacked by two different variants. The issue with that is, that you will have to run the decrypter twice. Once with the proper settings to remove the "[email protected]" layer and then to remove the "[email protected]" layer. The problem is finding the two different keys. You will have to find 2 file pairs where only one of the two extensions was appended. Then generate the decryption key based on those two individual file pairs and use them one after another.

I think for the variant "[email protected]" I found a pair of files for decryptor, but for the second variant "[email protected]" I did not find a suitable pair. There are about 56 files that have been encrypted only by this variant, but they are mostly log files to which I do not have an unencrypted files. There are also several dll libraries, but libraries with the same name that I have on my computer have a different size.
Is there any other way to deal with it?

At attachment, there is list of files which was decrypt only by variant [email protected]

list of files_qq.csv