Sign in to follow this  
Bundaburra

BSOD crash caused by epp.sys

When I started my PC by waking it from hybrid sleep, it crashed on startup with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, code 0x0000001e.  According to NIRSOFT's BlueScreenView, the crash was apparently caused by epp.sys, which is a component of EIS, so just wondering if there is a problem.  Here is the information provided;  I could send the dump file if necessary:

Parameter 1:  ffffffff`c0000005    Parameter 2:  fffff801`d4a1ed8f  Parameter 3:  00000000`00000000  Parameter 4:  00000000`00000ab8   Caused by Driver:  epp.sys   Caused by Address:  epp.sys+16630  Crash Address:  ntoskrnl.exe+14ec00

Running EIS 2017.5, Windows 10 Home 1607, build 14393.1358, 64 bit.

Would it be possible to send us the MEMORY.DMP file (should be saved in C:\Windows if I remember right) created during the crash? You can compress it with 7-Zip to make it smaller. After installing 7-Zip, right-click on the MEMORY.DMP file, go to 7-Zip, select Add to archive, make sure that the Archive format is set to 7z, set the Compression level to Ultra, and set the Compression method to LZMA2 to get the smallest file size. Then just save the 7z compressed file on your Desktop or somewhere easy to find, and if you were able to get it small enough then you can attach it to a reply.