R2D3

Should I disable Windows Firewall and Anti Virus?

Hello, I was reading the answers here https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/132/10/are-emsisoft-products-a-replacement-for-other-security-products but it was only briefly mentioned that two software could slow the computer and then that it might miss files. 

I use IS since a few weeks, and noticed, a few times the Anti Virus and or Firewall were disabled. I then re-enabled them. Now after restarting they are again disabled, and was wondering if this has todo with IS, and if i should keep them disabled.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Are you using W10?  There's a known problem where W10 doesn't properly show EIS status - there's other threads here about that...

Yes W10, and EIS is working just fine. I was asking about Windows Firewall and Anti Vir, sorry if this wasn't clear enough :)

Hmm, I have W8.1 and here Windows Defender is turned off, though I can't see from my notes how I did that.  You'll need to wait for someone with W10 experience to advise you, sorry.

21 hours ago, R2D3 said:

I use IS since a few weeks, and noticed, a few times the Anti Virus and or Firewall were disabled. I then re-enabled them. Now after restarting they are again disabled, and was wondering if this has todo with IS, and if i should keep them disabled.

Are you seeing a message from Emsisoft Internet Security that says something about components being "missing or broken"? If so, then we should have a fix available in a beta version very soon.