simonejamilla

Component Missing or Broken Error, Unable to Download Beta

On 14/06/2017 at 11:26 AM, GT500 said:

A couple of years ago I had issues with Adguard regardless of whether or not EIS was installed, so it may not actually be a compatibility issue.

We have a test fix available. If you want to try it, then send me a Private Message. ;)

7 hours ago, xeon said:

Thank you, restored to a image couple of weeks ago, installed beta and all is good. Don't want to take chances

Thank you!

What happened? I have 1 Malware detected and 5 Malicious items in quranteen! This is not good man! This is very very not so good!?

On 17/06/2017 at 0:25 AM, GT500 said:

That happens when using a custom skin.ini file to specify an update feed. I sent instructions (and a new skin.ini) to get you back on normal update feeds, and you should be able to switch to the beta after that. ;)

For everyone who has not already tried our test fix, we have made the fix available in a beta, which you can install by doing the following:

1. Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  2. Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  5. Click on the Update now button on the right side.

For those who did contact me and try the test fix using the skin.ini file I sent, then you should have a Private Message from me detailing how to get back on normal update feeds so that you can switch to the beta. If I missed anyone, then please be sure to let me know.

I have done all of the above, and the download timed out at 4%; now I am retrying and I am stuck on 13%. Meanwhile the Goblins are banging at the door! Should I install a Freeware for the time being? Windows 7 Home Premium!

I split your posts into a new topic so that I can assist you without the topic being cluttered with posts from others.

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

FYI: We hope to be able to release a stable update with the fix soon, and if you can't get the update to download then you can download the installer from this link once the stable update has been published and try reinstalling. Feel free to keep an eye on the following link to see when we do that:
http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/

If you would like to be automatically notified when new versions of our software are released, then we have an RSS feed at the following link:
http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/feed/