stapp

CLOSED Build 7640 and scheduled scan settings

EAM on Win 7 64bit via autoupdates.

No issues so far with new build.

As I do not logon to my machine I guess this won't affect me

''Unattended scheduled scans: Scans now run even if no user is logged on in Windows.''

Surely... it means that scans will happen (if they're scheduled) whereas previously they wouldn't have done.  Whether that matters to you is going to depend on what your scan settings are - eg if files might get quarantined when you weren't aware that a scan ws going to happen... ?

Jeremy scheduled scans happened before for me as I am auto logged in at boot.

Frank I find this odd. I just tested the scheduled scans to make sure they worked. Apart from a full custom scan taking ages (50 minutes longer than my malware scan !)

I cannot understand the weekly settings which allow me to tick(select) every day under the weekly settings and  still call it a weekly scan?

scan sched.PNG
Download Image

>  Jeremy scheduled scans happened before for me as I am auto logged in at boot

Ah, that's a bit at odds with  "As I do not logon to my machine".   So, what you mean is that you-personally don't log in, but your user/profile-id IS logged in?

I suppose the idea with Weekly, and tickable day names, is that you might choose eg Tuesday and Friday, and have the scans run every week on those days.  But maybe the GUI, if one ticks all 7 days, should untick them, grey them out, and change the frequency blob to Daily?

Jeremy as this area is for discussing issues/finds etc with the latest beta builds, perhaps we should wait for Frank's comments (unless you have beta installed and are wondering about this too :))

Yes, although I see no reason why any customer shouldn't use this part of the forum as a way to comment on things that are going to come to us all shortly after.

hi guys

I cannot understand the weekly settings which allow me to tick(select) every day under the weekly settings and  still call it a weekly scan?

This has been like this since the introduction of scheduled scans stapp ;)

Applying logic to automatically grey out  all selected 7 days and change the scan to 'daily' would be overkill, right ?

Jeremy scheduled scans happened before for me as I am auto logged in at boot.

The new unattended scan feature has particularly been added for servers or workstations  that are not monitored. no user is logged on and scheduled scans have been configured.

45 minutes ago, Frank H said:

hi guys

This has been like this since the introduction of scheduled scans stapp ;)

Applying logic to automatically grey out  all selected 7 days and change the scan to 'daily' would be overkill, right ?

I know it has been like this since the introduction of sched scans Frank :)

However, it is part of my duty as a tester to do silly things to the Emsi program :)

I ticked them all and then thought ''Why on earth is Emsi allowing me to do that??''

I ticked them all and then thought ''Why on earth is Emsi allowing me to do that??''

We can block ticking the last unchecked checkbox, but I guess that other users might contact us about that ;=), 

So we'd leave this as is.