cma6

Blocked site

EIS is blocking as a malware site  ABROK.EU

but others are telling me that there is nothing wrong with the site. What is the basis for EIS "XYZ is a known malware site"?

Thanks, Arthur. I have no special knowledge on what is or is not a malicious site. But I--and many chess players--have been accessing the site for at least 4 years without issue.

How do the two "malicious site" citations get into your database, e.g., what does it take to be listed as a malicious site and does Emsisoft show false positives?

Every a/virus or /malware program reports false positives.  A/v or a/m programs don't contain long lists of known-to-be-bad programs, but instead lists of characteristics that seem to be shared by sets of similar malware.  Sometimes a set of characteristics also matches the inner workings of a program that's ok - which is a false positive.

You'll notice that one part of this forum:  https://support.emsisoft.com/forum/58-false-positives/  is entirely dedicated to people's reports to Emsisoft of programs that they believe are ok but get detected by one of the Emsisoft products.  You can report programs that you think are ok, there.

I expect that Emsisoft collect information from other places too.

On 6/28/2017 at 5:27 PM, cma6 said:

How do the two "malicious site" citations get into your database, e.g., what does it take to be listed as a malicious site ...

In this case I think it was imported from VirusTotal due to it being blacklisted by another vendor we consider "trustworthy". It looks like it was on several blacklists originally, and then slowly delisted on most of them as it was reported as a false positive.

On 6/28/2017 at 5:27 PM, cma6 said:

... does Emsisoft show false positives?

I'm not sure what you mean by "show". When something is reported as a false positive and we confirm it, we delist it so that it is no longer detected. We don't "show" anywhere publicly accessible that we delisted it.