karedgal

unable to uninstall emsisoft anti-malware missing unins000.msg

I was upgrading to Emsisoft Internet Security so I uninstalled Emsisoft Anti-Malware,  

When I tried to install Emsisoft Internet Security, I got a message that not all the files were removed from my computer.
I then used Emsiclean to get rid of the rest of the files.
I tried to install the Internet Security but it said I needed a hotfix from MS, however when I rebooted my computer I no longer could connect to the internet.
After a full day of frustration, I did a system restore and everything was working again.

Now when I try to remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware, I get the message that unins000.msg is missing.

I am using Windows 7 pro 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 x64

Any help is greatly appreciated,

On 7/1/2017 at 7:51 PM, karedgal said:

Now when I try to remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware, I get the message that unins000.msg is missing.

That's not abnormal if the System Restore has been used. It likes to delete our uninstaller.

Please download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:

1. Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  2. Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  3. Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  4. A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

That log shows that it is safe to use Emsiclean to remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Please run Emsiclean again, making sure to select everything in the list, and then click the button to remove selected items. Please be sure to allow your computer to be restarted after doing this. Note that you may need to run Emsiclean more than once (restarting your computer each time) to remove everything. Once Emsiclean reports that no traces were found, that means that everything was removed.

After Emsiclean starts reporting that no traces have been found, you may download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from the link below:
http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe

If you had wanted to install Emsisoft Internet Security instead, then you can download it from the following link:
http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe

Thank you it worked.  However, the program wants me to install the hot fix.  When I tried to install hot fix, my computer said it doesn't need it so I installed Emsisoft Internet Security without the hot fix and so far, everything seems to be working great. 

Thank you for your help!

Usually when Windows says the hotfix does not apply to your computer, that means it has been superseded by a newer update that modifies the same System Files. In such cases the hotfix should not be necessary.