redactor

Minor Display Discrepancy between 32-bit & 64-bit EIS

For some time now I've noticed that sometimes EIS shows its version and build number on the Overview tab just below License information (see attached screen capture) and sometimes is doesn't. I never paid much attention beyond wondering why,for example, it's present now but not yesterday. Just the other day I finally realized that it's presence or absence is tied to the OS I'm using at the time, as I switch between using Windows 10 64-bit and Windows 10 32-bit. The version/build information is always present in 64-bit EIS, and always absent in 32-bit EIS.

I'm wondering now whether this phenomenon is an anomaly on my computer, or whether this is a feature/bug in EIS.

EIS Version.jpg
Download Image

On the system where it's not shown there will be a little black cross down there somewhere.  If you click that, that copy of EIS will change permanently to displaying the version number.

If you want the version number to be displayed on the Overview screen when you open Emsisoft Internet Security, you can do the following:

1. Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  2. In the little gray box near the bottom that says License, hold your mouse over where it says Renew for free!.
  3. A little X will appear to the right of where it says Renew for free!.
  4. Click on the little X, and the version number will be shown instead.