MJmusicguy

Optimize EIS for lower end systems?

Hi guys brand new user here i would like to know  what i should do to optimize EIS for my lower end travel laptop

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X555LA/specifications/

with the following processor 

https://ark.intel.com/products/85212/Intel-Core-i5-5200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_70-GHz

Note i also use MWBAM premium so i would like theto o please  nice as a life long MWBAM user  

the poor thing 

Before it died, I was using this program on the same laptop. I did not have any problems with speed that I could tell.

Default. Some minor scan settings.

Lower end in comparison to my 3.5 gig laptops ! When it died, I got an HP 650 pro with an ssd as my desktops have. I may have

tried to replace the keyboard if I could get the thing open. I like new toys !!!

In the File Guard settings you can change the Scan level to Fast if you need to.

The only other options specifically geared for performance are the memory usage optimization option in the general settings (which is already off for better performance), and the scan performance settings (which are automatically configured for maximum scan speed).

for example in scan settings it has 4 process checked which i assume mean cores? but as you can see i only have 2? and it says 5 threads i only have 4

for refernce memory is at about 31 percent is that normal for this product? do i need to exclude MWBAM a vice versa  

That cpu has "hyperthreading" so it acts as 4 threads. IE.. my desktops have a 4 core cpu with hyperthreading. Running SETI, it shows 8 threads.

I think I have that correct !!!

22 hours ago, MJmusicguy said:

for example in scan settings it has 4 process checked which i assume mean cores? but as you can see i only have 2? and it says 5 threads i only have 4

We use one thread for each core for processes scanned files, and then an extra thread to manage the scanning process (so 5 threads for 4 logical cores).

for refernce memory is at about 31 percent is that normal for this product?

Memory usage of 200MB+ is normal for Emsisoft Internet Security. The database is at least that large, and EIS will load the entire database into memory to improve performance. If the memory usage optimization is activated, then it will reduce memory usage by offloading parts of the database that are not currently in use to the pagefile, which dramatically reduces memory usage but can cause a reduction in performance as Windows will have to pull parts of the database back out of the pagefile as they are needed.

do i need to exclude MWBAM a vice versa

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not considered to be compatible with Emsisoft Internet Security, since both use WFP drivers. We don't recommend using them together.