Steven21

CLOSED Cannot stop new ad tabs popping up

Hi, I have recently been plagued by clicks initiating new tabs with advertising. I have run malwarebytes, hitman, etc and finally came across EEC.

The scans keep coming up clean but the problem persists. I have tried to attached reports as requested. The Farbar scan is not creating reports, or they could be null reports.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

I have PC with Windows 10.1 64 bit. I have Bitdefender installed.

Thanks,

Steven

scan_170710-145150.txt

Steven,

I am going to have you run two tools that specifically target Adware and Junkware.

Download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.

1. Close all open programs and Internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  2. Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  3. Click on the Scan button.
  4. After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
  5. Confirm each time with OK.
  6. You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open in Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your desktop.
  7. Attach that log file to your reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
    NOTE: If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner on your computer.

Download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.

1. Run the tool by double-clicking it.
  2. The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  3. Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  4. On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  5. Attach the JRT log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that.

I have followed your instructions and attached the two reports.

Also, last night, I uninstalled Chrome and have been using Firefox without the reported problem. It could be that it was Chrome that was infected.

Regards,

Steven

AdwCleaner[C4].txt

JRT.txt