Sign in to follow this  
elias

Unable to remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware (free edition) [Resolved]

Hi every body and excuse for my baddest English.

I try to explain with my poor English. After downloading the new updates of Advanced Systemcare (free edition), the Antimalware Emsisoft stop to work properly. Also my other antivirus (Avira), totally block up! Not starting at all. After that my pc (windows xp 3) can't connected to internet and started the auto's reset. I tried to remove the antivirus (both of them- each time) it wasn't possible!

Time for Backup... everything ok.

But the problem now is that. I fixed the Avira (it was remaining block) (downloading once again and after I select complete remove from it's selection, and after new downloading to install again. (the only way which done, in that time- all others knowning ways no possible to remove the previus installation)

Emsisoft antimalware not removed! I tried every possible way. It works, updates ok, but the scanner (deep scan) after 2+ hours it check only 25% of the disc (usally 1 hour to complete the deep scan) (Fragmentation checked already)

When I try to reinstall this message appear

Messages file *C:/Program Files/Emsisoft Anti-malware/unins000.msg* is missing. Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program

The new copy of the program NOT allowed to install (block the old program the new one)

P.S. I use both the two programs (Avira free and A-squared free, now Emsisoft-antimalware) about 4 years without any problem. The program Advance systemcare (free edition) about 3 years with no problem until the last time.

P.S.2 No virus detected during the previus situation, until this time. The "infected" pc's with the same sympthons count 2 pc's until now. After install those updates, so be carefull.

If anyone can help me, I will appreciate.

Hi elias, welcome to the forum

1) Please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

That is important! especially when you are having comnnection issues;

2) If you are using EAM Free edition & Avira Free - there should not be any conflicts

That is tested on XP 32bit & on Win 7 x64 bit having both free editions & EAM full + Avira free on-demand

I have no questions about that;

3) the only culprit that I can think of at the moment is "Advanced Systemcare" (free edition);

4) What I would do:

- Go throug the options of Avira & set all to "Notify only" - no auto- quarantine/auto-healing & alike

- Temporarily disable Avira's Guard/Service/driver(see devices)

- Reboot;

- Properly Uninstall Advanced Systemcare.

You can ask their forum for a special Removal Utility if any

or

you can use Revo Uninstaller free;

- Reboot;

5) Are there any issues after that?

6) if not - set back Avira' disabled components

- Reboot

7) Are there any issues after that?

Please tell us

My regards

Thanks you Lynx, for your friendly cooperation

I'll check all those in a few minutes. Advance systemcare (free edition) had removed already and I don't install again.

I'll inform.

Hi again, elias. Thanks for the rely

From information that you've provided that is not easy to recreate what may've happened to “uninsxxx” files

Just keep in mind that Setup(s) & Uninstall(s) are often False Positively flagged by many security Packages – there are reasons (out of scope here)

Since you were not able to uninstall EAM using traditional method let's try Manual Clean Uninstall

Please read the reply #7 from this thread

Follow the instructions including the referred old link

The only difference could be the name of the folder where EAM is installed

Currently by default - C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware;

The registry Entry should be the same -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Emsi Software GmbH\a-squared Free\

Please ask if any discrepancies

I hope you will succeed as many users previously & then, when that system is fine tuned by proper removal of any spare security – you can reinstall EAM after downloading the latest Setup and after that set back Avira as suggested

My regards