aldus

console initializing stuck???

aldus    0

installed console on windows 7 pc, still stuck initializing cant get past this .  please advise.  opened firewall ports to correct settings. stuck 

dmitrea    2

Hi Aldus,

Can you try and see if the following steps work for you?

1. Close Emsisoft Enterprise Console 

2. Go to System Services and start manually Emsisoft Enterprise Console Update Proxy Service

3.  When the UP service is started, restart Emsisoft Enterprise Console Server Service

4. Once the server service is restarted, open again Emsisoft Enterprise Console

At this point, Emsisoft Enterprise Console should be able to connect to the server.

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,

Dana

maniac2003    0

In our company I also experienced some Console issues past week(s). Console wouldn't connect to the host. Which is odd as we were already were on the last ECC version and nothing changed. No problems experienced today, I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

maniac2003    0

Ok, today it was stuck again.

I RDP to the server. Open EEC.
EEC > Connects > I enter my password > Click connect, and than it doesn't respond anymore.

snip_20170811140538.png.c41833bc7effa96df69e25c27d12739d.png
Download Image

Can't close the interface, need to kill it via Task Manager.

snip_20170811140602.png.5c7f129a9e54cb7ef8e1fa456b426fe4.png
Download Image

When restarting the services as advised above the Emsisoft Enterprise Console Server Service hangs in a "Stopping" state when restarting the service.
Rebooted the server but I still can't login. Yesterday I logged in without trouble.
Server only runs EEC.

Windows Server 2012 R2 VM
6.3 Build 9600
EEC: 2017.6.0.3099

EDIT:
Just updated manually to 2017.7 release. Let's see how that goes.

Edited by maniac2003
Added information

dmitrea    2

Indeed, we had these sort of issues on the previous EEC version (2017.6.0.3099). What I suggest you is to download the latest stable version we've released the last week (2017.7.0.3153) and install it over your current version. The new install won't affect any of your existing settings. If the issue still persists, let me know and we'll go from there.

Best regards,

Dana

dmitrea    2

That's great news! Thank you for your feedback, it's good to know that the fixes are working.

Best regards,

Dana

pieronip    0

Hi

I am having this issue on version 2017.9.0.3177.  I tried to re-install over the top of the existing installation which has resulted in all the workstations becoming 'Not Protected.  'Solve' is unable to complete the 'Disconnect from the Console' step so I'll have to run the disconnect batch file on  them all.  Is there an issue with this latest version?

Edit - Console is on Server 2012 Essentials.

Thanks.

Frank H    63

hi pieronip,

Did you try to deploy to the  clients to see if that repairs the connection ?

2017.8 includes some major improvements regarding connections with the clients.

Thanks

pieronip    0

Hi

I shall attempt this later but I may not succeed because the main difficulty is that the console locks up as soon as I sign in.  I have to use Task Manager to kill it.  This means that I am only able to access the console functionality maybe once in 20 attempted logins.

I'll try your suggestion this evening if I can, but I really need to understand and avoid the lock-ups.  There is nothing in the event log and Task Manager simply show 'Not Responding'.

Thanks.

Frank H    63

hi,
Could you check the size of the files in \programdata\emsisoft enterprise console\db

Could you send me the logfiles in \programdata\emsisoft enterprise console\logs 

Thanks

Frank H    63

Thanks.

db size is OK.

I see a few failed GUI  login attempts, since sept 1st.

The logs show a few GUI<->service connection timeouts.

Did these issues start with 2017.8 ?

Did you install other software on your server recently ?

Do you have 3rd party AV installed on your server ?

pieronip    0

Hi

Console has only been installed for a few weeks but worked well.  Problems started with the latest update - I presume 2017.8.

No new software on the server and it is protected with Emsisoft Server Edition.

Thanks.

Frank H    63

Okay, thanks for your feedback.

You could also uninstall EEC completely (uninstaller option: keep db) and install EEC again on top of the existing db.

After that you should be able to enter the GUI and perform a deploy.

Thanks

pieronip    0

Hi

Yes.  Thanks. Your suggestion was sound and re-Deploy fixed the majority of the machines.  Two machines remain problematic.  The Deploy job for these two stuck at 'Installing Emsisoft' step after which  a retry would fail at 'disconnect' step.  I could then disconnect using the batch file and I would be back at failure at 'Installing'.  These machine already have Emsisoft on them.  Should I uninstall manually do you think.  FYI, Policies are all as required and I did try 'Prepare Machine for Deployment' with no better result

Nearly there!

Frank H    63

Ok nice, thanks for the feedback.

Actually you could do 2 things  here:

1) remove EAM on the client, restart and perform a deploy , which will install EAM and setup the connection with EEC.

or

2) create a light install package in EEC (installer package for already installed EAM) and run that as admin on the client. This will not install EAM, but will only setup the SSL connection with EEC.

Thanks

maniac2003    0

@pieronip indeed, if they keep getting stuck in the process. Remove EAM from the machine via Windows Uninstall and do a new deploy from EEC.

I've set the 'prepare' script as a startup script through GPO. That way I'm sure that the clients have the right settings.

@Frank H I've not seen any more EEC connection issues with the new EEC. Hopefully the disconnects are also something from the past with the last update [different topic].
Grtz from The Netherlands,
Richard J

pieronip    0

Right!

Now having a problem that at close of business one day all machines are 'Protected' and the next day some, apparently at random, are 'Unprotected' and 'Not Managed'.

Will running the 'Prepare' script at startup help with this?

Frank H    63

hmm, sorry to hear that.

no, running that script at startup makes no sense as it sets settings required for deploy.

On a client with this issue: Could you enable debuglogging  (EAM: Overview/support tile), restart the pc , let it run for 10 mins, disable debuglogging and send me the logs in \programdata\emsisoft\logs 

Thanks