sevensss

Emsisoft IS Not Starting

hi

I can't start my emsisoft it's says a major problem prevented the application from  starting 

What Should I do?                                       

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. You can find the instructions and download at this link.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad (as explained in the instructions). Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

If there's a fundamental reason why your copy of EIS wouldn't start, I don't think that running the command (inside the batch file referred to in that zip) is likely to have fixed the problem. You might find that next time you start your machine the problem comes back.   It's also a truly terrible idea to use a fix, suggested for a problem eighteen months ago, on current software. You might have made your problem a whole lot worse.

Our server administrator tried to update our forums on Wednesday morning, and there were some problems that necessitated restoring from a backup, so the message I posted the other day is gone.

@sevensss you should have received an e-mail with the reply I posted Wednesday morning. If not, then I was speculating that the command line update may have solved the problem due something such as damaged files that needed to be replaced.