Quirky

Rule update warning suggestion

When a program changes (via an update) and the warning alert comes up ("This program has been changed, Update/Remove rule"), a "Do not show again for this program" tick-box would be quite handy, especially for programs that auto-update often.

It'd be a quick shortcut to using Protection/Application Rules/specific rule/"Don't alert when this file changes".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This time I came to this forum to post the exact same request. Besides IE11 and Chrome I sometimes use the Epic browser. That browser automatically updates a few times a day even when not in use at the moment. 

It would be nice to be able to make an exception for those updates, as they are always judged to be safe anyway. (At first they were flagged as suspicious, so I send Emsisoft a false flag message. Since then they are always reported as safe. For now I've set the malware warning messages to appear for 1 second only, the minimum possible. Just because of this particular issue with Epic.)

Any chance we can have this? Note that this is different from what Lode suggests above. It's not about any of the currently available Notification settings, but a handy, alternative way to this: Protection/File Guard/manually locate or add rule/enable "Don't alert when this file changes" within the Application rule.