Peter2150

CLOSED 7797 Release

Unfortunately Windows 10 still reports that the firewall is off with this latest release.

Any progress on this? Or should Microsoft fix this?

In my case update went fine, but (I think this is a bug) I got two independent program restart notifications. One in a form of toast notification with yellow bar and blue Restart text and second in form of a normal popup with Yes and No to choose. I clicked on Restart in toast, toast disappeared, but program still waited for reply in normal window. It also showed me the main Emsisoft console, which, after agreeing to restart, just hanged (see attachment, sorry for Polish, but the Windows popup says that a process is not responding and asking me if I want to kill it).

After killing and manually running Emsisoft Guard again, I got the update completed popup.

Zrzut ekranu (57).png
Download Image

Well I am going to retract my statement that this update was smooth.   Far from it.    Last night when I saw the initial updates, I noticed one app in particular generated BB alerts.  What wasn't right was that clicking on allow always didn't stop the alerts.  In case of the desktop it took almost 5 attempts and then finally it took.

This morning I let the work machine update, and saw the same thing except I couldn't get it to stop alerting, so finally I rolled that machine  back to stable.

I've noticed this evening some funny stuff on the machine still having the beta one it, and I've just noticed some flaky behavior.   I won't have time to do logs or do any trouble shooting, until I get past my Jury duty stuff.  In fact I've rolled back the machine to stable.  Just can't afford issues while I might be gone.   When I am by this Jury duty thing I'll get back at and get some logs.

3 hours ago, Peter2150 said:

I won't have time to do logs or do any trouble shooting, until I get past my Jury duty stuff.

I can't resist on this one.  I sure as hell wouldn't want you sitting in my trial jury box.  It would be all over for me.  "Awhfff wit 'is head !!"  LOL... 

Win 10 Pro 64 bit and Win 7 64bit  using EAM.

Autoupdate procedure on both OS's was normal and without incident..

20 hours ago, XIII said:

Unfortunately Windows 10 still reports that the firewall is off with this latest release.

Any progress on this? Or should Microsoft fix this?

The status reporting flaw sits in Windows Defender Security Center only.

The status in W10 Security and maintenance center is correct.
This is issue is under investigation with normal priority.

I've noticed that Microsoft seems to have issues indeed, as W10 build 16251 shows status  -Unknown- for Antivirus and Threat protection, while it's own details screen shows EIS as Anti-virus provider, which is confusing to say at least.

To be continued ;)

On 7/26/2017 at 7:53 PM, Peter2150 said:

Well I am going to retract my statement that this update was smooth.   Far from it.    Last night when I saw the initial updates, I noticed one app in particular generated BB alerts.  What wasn't right was that clicking on allow always didn't stop the alerts.  In case of the desktop it took almost 5 attempts and then finally it took.

This morning I let the work machine update, and saw the same thing except I couldn't get it to stop alerting, so finally I rolled that machine  back to stable.

I've noticed this evening some funny stuff on the machine still having the beta one it, and I've just noticed some flaky behavior.   I won't have time to do logs or do any trouble shooting, until I get past my Jury duty stuff.  In fact I've rolled back the machine to stable.  Just can't afford issues while I might be gone.   When I am by this Jury duty thing I'll get back at and get some logs.

You know I know some  posts were lost, well one of them was a bug report related to this..   Well it seems the problem got lost also.   Turned on logging this morning.   Did the update to this build and problem gone..  Gosh I love computers!!!.     Well test other desktop tomorrow.

Tested updating the 2nd desktop to 7797.    It went fine.   i guess Mr. Murphy had his little fun and left.  Oh well, all is good.