SquirmyElk2

Green Shield, Exclamation Mark?

5 hours ago, SquirmyElk2 said:

It may be because of my license that is about to expire, but I am not certain. I just want to make sure this is the problem.

Yes, that is correct. Once you renew your license key and Emsisoft Anti-Malware checks for updates, the exclamation mark will go away.

13 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Are there any other GUI 'notifications' that aren't documented?

There are no others that I am aware of.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:19 PM, SquirmyElk2 said:

I noticed that I sometimes see a green shield with an exclamation mark, full protection. It may be because of my license that is about to expire, but I am not certain. I just want to make sure this is the problem.

Odd.png
Download Image
Download Image

I don't believe it is a renewal notification.  I have EIS and began having the same issue occur about 2 days ago, right after Version 2017 7.0.7838 was released.  I also have over a years worth of license left.  I thought it might have something to do with it being a kind of "alert" in that it was notifying me about the new release.  I thought this because I noticed changes in the new version, i.e. the new "Forensics" Logs and the new way "Permissions" settings for users is controlled.

After going in to the program it seemed to go back to the green "Shield", however the "Exclamation" mark occurred again.  This time I kind of hovered over it and it went back again to the green "Shield.  I was actually going to post a Thread asking about this same issue:unsure:

8 hours ago, GT500 said:

There are no others that I am aware of.

Though I see from Dan2's post that its appearance might be a bug, will you get the documentation pdated to describe this "!"'s meaning?

Just to say that my experience is similar to that of Dan2.  My computer entered sleep mode.  On waking it up I launched the GUI.  As far as I recall everything looked normal but after a minute or so, I noted an exclamation mark.  But the licence info shows 134 days left.  A minute or so later, the exclamation mark disappeared. 

As for the mark as such, I think the design of the GUI should present information in an intuitive manner.  The user shouldn't have to search documentation for something this simple.  Wouldn't it be far more obvious to have a big exclamation mark next to the licence info?  Using the "Protection" header feels about as logical as having to click the Emsisoft logo to see the version of the program... 

I agree that you shouldn't have to search documentation... but if you can't tell what something means (as it's not intuitive) AND it's not documented, that's not very helpful.

18 hours ago, Dan2 said:

I don't believe it is a renewal notification.  I have EIS and began having the same issue occur about 2 days ago, right after Version 2017 7.0.7838 was released.  I also have over a years worth of license left.  I thought it might have something to do with it being a kind of "alert" in that it was notifying me about the new release.  I thought this because I noticed changes in the new version, i.e. the new "Forensics" Logs and the new way "Permissions" settings for users is controlled.

After going in to the program it seemed to go back to the green "Shield", however the "Exclamation" mark occurred again.  This time I kind of hovered over it and it went back again to the green "Shield.  I was actually going to post a Thread asking about this same issue:unsure:

I think it just there to get your attention, and doesn't have a specific meaning. For instance if a guard is disabled the exclamation mark is shown, if the product is out of date or having update trouble then the exclamation is shown, etc.

15 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

... will you get the documentation pdated to describe this "!"'s meaning?

I've passed on the request to update the documentation with information about this.

1 hour ago, Alan_S said:

Just to say that my experience is similar to that of Dan2.  My computer entered sleep mode.  On waking it up I launched the GUI.  As far as I recall everything looked normal but after a minute or so, I noted an exclamation mark.  But the licence info shows 134 days left.  A minute or so later, the exclamation mark disappeared. 

The exclamation mark was probably shown after the update process finished. At least, when I manually run an update, afterwards the exclamation mark will appear on the "Protection" tile.

I experience similar issue as Dan2. When I open EAM interface there is an explacamation mark (no renewal coming soon, sigs are up to date, nothing is disabled). As soon as I hover over protection tile, exclamation mark disappears. 

We've determined that the exclamation mark being displayed while the protection status is green is actually a bug, so we'll more than likely fix it in the near future. ;)

On 8/7/2017 at 4:13 PM, GT500 said:

We've determined that the exclamation mark being displayed while the protection status is green is actually a bug, so we'll more than likely fix it in the near future. ;)

I notice because I just renewed my license.

bug.png
Download Image