Roger

Fix Once Managed, Now Non Managed PCs

I have 12 PCs in EEC.  For some reason, two PCs now show "Not managed".  

Q1:  So that I can perhaps avoid this, why did this happen?  

Q2:  The PCs are doctors PCs so what's the least invasive way to fix this?  Clicking [solve] simply takes me to "Deployment settings" but this doesn't apply.  I tried "Create Package", but "ERROR: Emsisoft Anti-Malware was already installed.  Installation canceled."

Hi Roger,

When a previously connected client is listed as 'Not managed' into EEC Console, it means that the communication between the client and the server was interrupted somehow. EEC User guide contains info regarding the ways to troubleshoot client-server connection issues (Chapter 15 from https://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftEnterpriseConsoleManual.pdf), but to answer your questions:

Q1: We cannot say for sure why did it happen, until we take a look at the server logs. There can be network issues or something else. If the issue persists after rebooting the client hosts, let me know and I will send you a PM with instructions on how to collect the logs.

Q2: In order to reconnect the clients to the server, you have to do the following:

1. Disconnect EAM from EEC:

• Login on the Emsisoft Enterprise Console Server machine and copy Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat script (located in Emsisoft Enterprise Console installation folder) to the Emsisoft Anti-Malware client machine.
  • Login on the client machine.
  • Run Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat script with elevated privileges.

2. Reconnect EAM to EEC:

• Login on the Enterprise Console Server machine and generate a light package.
  • Copy the light package folder to the client machine and run Install.bat script with administrator privileges.

The steps above are explained in a bit of more detail in User Guide, chapter 15. 

Let me know if you're still having connection issues after performing the steps above.

Best regards,

Dana

Hello Dana,

I chime in on this one. At our company we have the same issues now and then. We run 200 client and 25 server licenses. From what I've seen only the clients have these issues. The issue is not something that suddenly started, it's from the beginning we got Emsi.

Yesterday I fixed one client (disconnect and deploy EAM again). Today it's unmanaged again.
How can we investigate the cause?

Best regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

We are aware about these disconnects and we've added this month a potential cure for these annoying issues. We are going to release in a few days (around September 1st) a new EEC version which should fix part of the disconnection issues we're currently having.

I'd suggest you to wait a few more days until you switch to the new EEC version. If the disconnects still pop up after that, we'd probably need a set of debug logs so that the dev team can investigate this thoroughly.

Best regards,

Dana

Hi,

Today the issue is back:

Running:
EEC: 2017.9.1.3212
Client: 2017.9.0.8006 (Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1709)

Fresh Windows install on a Acer laptop just out of the box via SCCM.
Ran the Prepare_PC_for_Deployment.bat script locally. >> can't this be automated? <<
Deployed EAM via EEC
All was 'green'. Client updated and scanned after deployment. "Protected" status in EEC
After a while, didn't time it, I see the client is "Not Protected" in EEC

What can I send you to remedy this once and for all?

Kind regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Excuse me for the delayed reply.

In the meanwhile we have released EAM and EEC 2017.10.

Could you confirm if this issue still is valid ?

Cheers

Hi Frank,

Nice to hear from you ^_^

This morning I've installed the new EEC.
From what I can see in EEC the client computer (installed: 31-10) is on 2017.9

When trying to "solve"  the issue from within EEC I get the following error:

Message: HostJob[357] failed with the following message: HostJob[357]: Impossible to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware on computer '<domain>\<computer>' from another Console. Use Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware or uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware before reconnection. Please check documentation for details.

Details:

HostJob[357] failed with the following message: HostJob[357]: Impossible to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware on computer '<domain>\<computer>' from another Console. Use Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware or uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware before reconnection. Please check documentation for details. (System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[A2Enterprise.Entities.Errors.ServerError])

Followed by:

HostJob[357] on 'domain\computer' failed due to error: HostJob[357] failed with the following message: HostJob[357]: Impossible to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware on computer '<domain>\<computer>' from another Console. Use Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware or uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware before reconnection. Please check documentation for details.

Details:
HostJob[357] failed with the following message: HostJob[357]: Impossible to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware on computer '<domain>\<computer>' from another Console. Use Disconnect_EAM_from_EEC.bat to disconnect Emsisoft Anti-Malware or uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware before reconnection. Please check documentation for details. (System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[A2Enterprise.Entities.Errors.ServerError])
   at A2Enterprise.Server.Tasks.HostJobExecutor.ExecuteOperationSteps(List`1 steps)
   at A2Enterprise.Server.Tasks.HostJobExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<Run>b__0()
   at A2Enterprise.Impersonation.Impersonator.Execute[TError](Action action, Entity entity, Func`2 errorBuilder, Identification[] identifications)
   at A2Enterprise.Server.Tasks.HostJobExecutor.Run(Object state)

Seems  the only solution is to manually disconnect and re-connect again. As you can imagine I'm a bit tired of that. I don't have the time to repeat this with around 40 clients out of 125.

Hi maniac2003

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience.

Could you pls sent me log files (via PM) from \programdata\emsisoft enterprise console\logs and the log database from \programdata\emsisoft enterprise console\db 

Our developers might require additional info.

cheers

Why does this keep happening? I just finished reconnecting all of my PC's to the console last week, I came in today (I am at this client once a week) and they are all disconnected again. It doesn't take much effort to get them reconnected, but I would like to know what causes it so I don't have to keep fixing it.

Thanks!

Hi Noel,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue.

The team has worked hard during the past month to get this disconnection issue under control and we think we've fixed it.

Yesterdays (30.11.2017) EEC release (2017.11.) should fix the disconnect issues. Please update and let me know something.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.