Lynk

Voodooshield or Secure A plus

I think the official answer will be " Not recommended " i guess .

As i remember , the SecureAPlus had a real-time protect , i don't think that it's good idea to use with Emsisoft .

however , you can choose to close the SecureAPlus's real-time protect , and use to be a second scanner .

12 hours ago, Lynk said:

Hello, I wanted to ask if EIS is compatible with Voodooshield or Secure A plus?

Thanks

I don't know much about VoodooShield, or the underlying technology behind it. We don't generally get complaints about compatibility issues with it, so it might be OK.

SecureAPlus is just a cloud anti-virus scanner. We don't really recommend cloud scanners. All they do is upload file hashes and file information (not entire files) and they run those through anti-virus scan engines to see if they match certain types of signatures, but this type of scanner means that you can't implement many forms of heuristics, and thus the protection isn't really as effective. Besides, our Behavior Blocker contacts our Anti-Malware Network (which is supplemented by VirusTotal) to verify application , so a cloud scanner isn't really going to be much more effective than our technology (especially since the Behavior Blocker will now automatically block/quarantine things that can't be validated as safe, unless you specifically allow them or change the setting to show an alert instead).

Alright thanks everyone. I'll give Voodoo shield a try and see it there are any issues. I removed Malwarebytes because I read on a recent thread you shouldn't run EIS with it.

In addition to what I said before about cloud anti-virus software, note that not all of them work the same way. Some of them do upload entire files to be scanned, which presents its own security problem. Here's a link to an article about one of those security problems:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/top-next-gen-security-firm-accused-of-leaking-terabytes-of-customer-data/

Note that the case mentioned in the article isn't as bad as it sounds, since the feature that uploaded customer data was off by default, and displayed a very specific warning message about sending private data to a third-party when you tried to turn it on.