Shinojmkd

PENDING file guard turned off automatically after every restart.

JeremyNicoll    13

Are your EIS logs showing any errors, eg in the Forensic log, or Updates logs?     (Also, I don't think you're using a beta, so why are you not asking in the normal EIS support forum?)

Frank H    61

@Shinojmkd

Currently beta=stable

We release beta versions around every  24th of every month.

After 1 week we release to stable

Could you inform me about the status of setting
Settings / General : Enable realtime protection at startup.

Shinojmkd    0

@Frank H I asked and private messaged you regarding this, but you just gave this option to me.

I think you don't like your job just want to do something to make your boss believe that your working.

so by 24, i need to change it into beta and run an update, right?

is there anything I need to do?

Frank H    61

thanks stapp

Shinojmkd the fact that you are new here and have no clue how things work doesn't give you the right to insult.

As a beta tester you'd always have the beta update feed enabled. it doesn't matter if beta=stable, just post your findings in the beta forum.

When you follow: https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/25208-emsisoft-anti-malware-emsisoft-internet-security-12-beta-test/

you will be informed as soon as a new beta has been released.

The software will update automatically to the latest beta, if you have set the beta update feed.

I also require feedback on my question:

Could you inform me about the status of setting
Settings / General : Enable realtime protection at startup.

Shinojmkd    0

Well, @Frank H I don't mean to insult you. I asked about beta versions and how to get one. since I am new here, but just don't give me the detailed info.

you just gave me a link, from there I got the idea about changing update feed.

so if where a customer will you reply in the same way?

Emsisoft is offering more protection to its user and they will let their friends and family to buy it, please don't ruin it by not showing interest to help.

like I said this is not my first forum, I have accounts on almost every antivirus forum, this the first time I have seen this,

sorry if that made you sad or angry, I don't mean to insult you in person.

I just want to get enough info :)

Frank H    61

so if where a customer will you reply in the same way?

Emsisoft is offering more protection to its user and they will let their friends and family to buy it, please don't ruin it by not showing interest to help.

It seem you do not get the point as you start again now.

We are here to help anyone. Just ask, be polite and show respect to all forum members, that's all.

The link I sent you last friday exactly explains how to enable beta updates
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/26715-beta-license/?do=findComment&comment=166163

So what other info do you require ?

Shinojmkd    0

sorry if I was shown any rude behaviour, 

but I only got a 30-day trail and it will end soon, so how can I test the latest beta by 24?

also, i still face this file guard issue, is it known?

JeremyNicoll    13

@Shinojmkd  my impression is that most beta testers are paying customers, who get to know the product like everyone else then - provided they are careful people and know the risks they are taking, have full system backups etc - choose to take the beta feeds and tell Emsisoft what they find.   Although I've read that Emsisoft do give free licences to beta testers, I rather suspect that that only happens after those testers have proved that they are doing useful testing.   Since you're clearly new here, is this what you were hoping?  Or do you think that Emsisoft will give you a free licence right at the start?

Frank H    61

my impression is that most beta testers are paying customers

That is not the reality. We have a small group of active testers and they all have free licences AFAIK.
In general, the goal should be that testers like to provide feedback and help us improve our software and as a 'thank you' we provide free licences.
I've seen too many times that we provided a free key at the start and we never heard anything from them again.

@Shinojmkd could you please provide me the following:
- enable debuglogging (select 'enable for 1 day'  in the dropdown you will find in the bottom of the support screen, after clicking on the Support tile in the overview screen)
- restart your pc
- when you notice the File Guard not starting issue: wait 5 more minutes
- disable debuglogging
- zip and send me logs from \programdata\emsisoft\logs
- send me logs from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

pls send me the logs per PM.

Thanks

Shinojmkd    0

at first we need to know what is a beta, if a user paid for a software and its full of bugs (it always shows some errors, in case of antivirus it can't offer protection or falls detection) he won't use it, and when someone ask about he will give a bad impression to other users. (we may know this as rating). so the developers invented beta version, some users and advanced enough to solve some problems by their self (advanced users), the program is made by experts there is no doubt on that but they can miss some bugs or tiny problem which will generate a bad impression on the users, so they will give the program to its advanced users for their use (no one from the developing department is allowed to test it). when they meet any problems or errors or bugs they will send it to the developer team, so they can solve it before it gets to users. some developers may offer some gifts if the tester finds anything important.

so no paid user will not test the product unless they are fools. (i mean they paid to get a beta version that does it even make any sense)

normally it comes as a different product, (not like Emsisoft, trend micro, malware bytes) (like the panda, Avira), if no bugs were detected then, then only they will realise it as stable.

so what I need from Emsisoft?

nothing I just want to help, since I don't know when it starts I started using it, I only get >6 days to test the beta when it gets realised, I don't want a licence key, I just want more time.

and if you think I am here for the licence key please check the last beta winners list on trend micro and panda security...

show me love then only I can show love to you :)

Frank H    61

so no paid user will not test the product unless they are fools. (i mean they paid to get a beta version that does it even make any sense)

Our software offers an easy way to switch between stable, beta and delayed update feeds. Beta's are quite stable already, because they passed our QA.

In case of a hotfix, we ask the users that suffer from that issue to switch to beta, to be able to verify the fix. In this way we are able to act very quickly on issues and release the hotfix build  as stable.

Waiting for your logs..

Frank H    61

As said earlier, Emsisoft doesn't offer such rewards.

I said that Beta's are quite stable, that means that there probably are no major issues.
Just create a new topic in this forum or ask me in a PM when you think you found an issue.

If you have Panda installed together with EAM i can assure you that compatibility issues might show up.

This is why our latest installer warns the user when other AV's have been detected.
So if you like to test our software, please remove other AV's.

Thanks

JeremyNicoll    13

@Shinojmkd  said: " so no paid user will not test the product unless they are fools. (i mean they paid to get a beta version that does it even make any sense) "

Users pay for the stable version.   They might choose (or be advised to) select a beta to see if that fixes a problem they have. 

Emsisoft release new stable versions fairly frequently, but anybody - any user at all - can choose to try those versions earlier, as a beta, if they want to and are comfortable with the risks involved.