Kevinaktiff

Comodo, Adguard or Heimdal to complement EAM

Hi first congratulations for your desision about migrate EIS to EAM and now i have some cuestions 

1.- If i decide to use a firewall like comodo it will be compatible what tweaks or configs i have to do to work together?

2.- I like to use a adguard desktop licence to complement EAM i dont know if they install a network driver or something but for me is a good product it is compatible whith EAM?

3.- I know Heimdal are a special tool against rasomware i dont know if they have realtime protection but are a antipishing and secure dns it will be compatible whith EAM

I hope you can educate us as users to understand what we need or what no

On 8/12/2017 at 7:25 PM, Kevinaktiff said:

1.- If i decide to use a firewall like comodo it will be compatible what tweaks or configs i have to do to work together?

Exclusions are normally the only thing that you would need to do if there are compatibility issues. The only exception to that would be with regards to software from AVG, Avast, and Kaspersky (which are not compatible with our software at all right now).

2.- I like to use a adguard desktop licence to complement EAM i dont know if they install a network driver or something but for me is a good product it is compatible whith EAM?

Adguard should be fine alongside EAM, however we tend to recommend uBlock Origin for your web browsers since it will be more efficient (and since by default Adguard for Windows really only protects common web browsers, so it wouldn't provide any extra protection). Here's the links to the extension pages for various browsers if you want to try it:

There is more information about uBlock Origin available here.

Since there's no version of uBlock Origin for Internet Explorer, you may need Adblock Plus or Adguard's extension for Internet Explorer if you do intend on using it.

• Like 1

3.- I know Heimdal are a special tool against rasomware i dont know if they have realtime protection but are a antipishing and secure dns it will be compatible whith EAM

I'm not really familiar with Heimdal, so I can't say for certain how it would work alongside EAM. Anti-phishing is already provided by EAM through our Surf Protection (we draw from several trusted and highly active blacklists for phishing domains to block), and DNS protection can be provided by OpenDNS for free.

I have tried using Heimdal, as I do like some of that it does, BUT, I always have to take it off as my system gets dodgy after a bit.   All you can do is try it and if things get weird take it off.

I talk whith David from emsisoft and he says me adguard works well whith emsisoft, respect heimdal i sometimes see it consumes a lot of cpu i dont know how that program works and if have or not realtime monitor who are potentiali incompatible.

Respect a firewall David says Emsi can not guarantee to be compatible whith another firewall. Sincerily i dont understand Emsi only check if an app allow for windows firewall does something suspicious ? emsi only does that whith windows FW or whith others?

Zonealarm looks good but i never try it.

I have a binisoft licence but i dont see it offer better interface than windows fw . I see now on day too many softwares are "intraces for windows fw, maybe fw industry are death and windows embebed one are very good

I really like the product ligthweigth on system and very powerful

22 hours ago, Kevinaktiff said:

Sincerily i dont understand Emsi only check if an app allow for windows firewall does something suspicious ? emsi only does that whith windows FW or whith others?

That feature will only work with the Windows Firewall. We have no reliable way to monitor settings from third-party firewall software to see if rules and configurations change.

22 hours ago, Kevinaktiff said:

I have a binisoft licence but i dont see it offer better interface than windows fw . I see now on day too many softwares are "intraces for windows fw, maybe fw industry are death and windows embebed one are very good

Have you tried any of the other Windows Firewall managers in this list?

• Windows 10 Firewall Control (commercial product)
  • Windows Firewall Notifier (originally commercial, but now open source)
  • TinyWall (freeware, appears to work from a whitelist rather than using alerts, with quick shortcuts for adding things to the whitelist)
  • Firewall App Blocker (freeware, appears to use drag-and-drop controls to build whitelists/blacklists of applications rather than using alerts)
  • Like 1

One might also consider Glasswire (https://www.glasswire.com/). I guess the Firewall Control is available in the free version already.

However, since Glasswire is much more than just a firewall control, it is also a bit heavier on the system. I do not know about CPU, but the program + service on my PC use about 100 MB RAM (according to Cacheman).

About Binisoft FWC: I could not find a documentation; is there any manual etc. available anywhere?

Best Regards,

Peter.