xeon

Since we have no firewall, what one to take the place of EIS?

xeon    4

Windows 7. Don't want windows firewall, tried WFC (bingsoft) have to insatll netframe 4.6 or greater really slowed down system. Tinywall crashes sometimes and is not updated.

I am talking about a 3rd party stand alone paid for.

Any suggestions?:unsure:

xeon    4

Window firewall notifier has no exe to run in the download, and no instructions how to install.

Glasswire is really not a firewall, but a monitor.

"GLASSWIRE IS NOT A FIREWALL. IT IS A USEFUL "FRONT END" FOR WINDOWS FIREWALL, presenting one alert, logging, clickable allow/block for individual programs and firewall on/off toggle."

Thanks anyways.

Fabian Wosar    421

I missed the "I don't want Windows Firewall", sorry. Windows Firewall and all other firewalls (including EIS) are built on the Windows Filtering Platform. There is nothing that doesn't use it.

Fabian Wosar    421

Yes. That is the case. It's the only way to attribute traffic to applications and apps properly in any Windows versions since Vista.

pereh    0
Am 13.8.2017 um 18:00 schrieb Fabian Wosar:

Windows Firewall Notifier works pretty well. Other than that, if you want something paid: GlassWire looks quite nice and offers a lot of neat tools if you really want to drill into your application's internet access.

Hello,

my decision was to use Binisoft WFC (no stand-alone firewall). But nevertheless: would Glasswire add some noteworthy security aspects that WFC is missing (besides being able to amass connection data...)?

Best Regards,

Peter.

Umbra    18

If i had to use a Windows Firewall "extension" to monitor outbound connections, i will use Binisoft WFC (donated version, not the free one), sure it has small bugs, but it is very good in term of rules management, implement safe rules,  block some Microsoft's telemetry, etc...

pereh    0
On 9/12/2017 at 10:29 PM, Umbra said:

If i had to use a Windows Firewall "extension" to monitor outbound connections , i will use Binisoft WFC (donated version , not the free one)  , sure it has small bugs, but it is very good in term of rules management, implement safe rules,  block some Microsoft telemetry, etc...

Politically correct answer.

However (or, nevertheless), no answer to my question...

Tempus    66

Hi

Personally I see Glasswire as more as a network and device monitor , and as such an extension software to the windows firewall. I don't see Glasswire add some noteworthy security to your system, not directly at least...

Regards

Tempus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2