Kevinaktiff

Unnecesary things bloatware discusions

I want to know from the forum users and emsisoft team

What do you think is unnecesary and why

Whith the recent desision to ran out firewall i see a good argument to use windows firewall embebed and i am leaving to use another softwares like antiexes or  antipishingsor sandbox.

What is unnecesary for you and why

Virtualization software? Virtual browsers? For me i read they install certificates and are include more vulnerables than traditional browsers.

Antiexes? For me are cover by behavior shield but i think they are more strict and can work well whith emsi but maybe i t will be unnecesary

Secondary scanders Malwarebytes or Hitman pro? I think only detect FP

But

Password managers are unnecesary?

What another thing are unnecesary if we have emsi?

There's already threads from people wanting this or that extra thing added, for example password managers.  I think Emsisoft simply recommend use of one of the well-known open source alternatives.   

Guest Tempus

Hi

The discussion of what is bloatware or not is so individual and subjective. Personally I don't like security software which have it all, because of two reasons. For me those security solutions are, most often,   jack of all trades and master of none. 
And secondly I like to have the freedom to find the best solution that will work for me, eg. the password manager I like best or backup solution that will work for me. You may ask yourself,  if you chose one of those " we have it all  security solutions" , what will happpen that day when you  wish to use another AV-solution ? Then it will be a lot harder, because you have your password and backup stored at them.  God know that i don't always agree in what Emsisoft is doing, but  I do really like Emsisoft for their 100 percent focus in developing software that stops malware, but that is just my opinion.

Best regards

Tempus :)

Hi i understand are many threats but i think is necesary have a pin post where every user can see that . I know we can search in emsi forum

Is emsi compatible whith X? is necesary that feature?

But if we see this information in a single post we dont make unnecesary post about

I need comodo firewall? i need antiexe?