Unable to open or uninstall programs or open files

Jennie312

Hi,

I downloaded the Emisoft software and ran a scan on my computer yesterday. 13 files were detected, 12 were low risk and looked unimportant for computer functioning (ad.click something or other, all of them). I quarantined all of the files. Now I am unable to open any files (pictures, pdfs, etc) on my computer, nor many programs (adobe, VLC, etc). The Emisoft scan tool is also constantly popping up on the screen without be prompted to. I went back in to restore the quarantined files just in case that caused the issue, but all of the low risk files have disappeared. The medium risk one was still there, however. 

When I went back in to access the log of the quarantined files from yesterday, only one file remained, which was deemed medium risk. None of the low risk files are there anymore. When I attempt to uninstall a program, I get the error message "RuntimeBroker.exe" .... "Server Execution Failed." When I attempt to open a program (ie. Adobe) is get the error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok close the application". 

I'm in the last few weeks of trying to complete my thesis and desperate to resolve this issue quickly, as I am completely helpless without my computer and it's stored contents. Thank you in advance for your help!